+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Coliseum Northrend Beasts

Just to be clear, at what point does the Burning Bile become "contagious" and spread to other raid members? If the initial Dreadscale tank has the Burning Bile, couldn't a melee catch the debuff from the tank and run it to the ranged players who need it? Or is it only spreadable when Dreadscale is rooted?

In my opinion being a warrior tanking the worm is a huge advantage. When I tanked him I kited him in a circle around all the ranged, who stood close to the melee working on the stationary tank. Then I would watch my bars, if someone got the poison, I would intervene to that person and immediately charge back to tanking the boss.

The speed at which I could dispel using this technique made phase 2 a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Just to be clear, at what point does the Burning Bile become "contagious" and spread to other raid members?
    It doesn't spread by contact, it just ticks and damages nearby players, neutralizing their toxin as a side effect.
    When Dreadscale is the moving worm, to get it you have to get aggro by Dreadscale for enough time (some secs) to have it applied to you (which means that only the tank will have it, unless someone taunts for a few secs). When Dreadscale is the stationary worm, then it will spit it (the burning bile) to random raid members too, so you'll have more people with burning bile.

Quote Originally Posted by Diffy View Post
    In my opinion being a warrior tanking the worm is a huge advantage. When I tanked him I kited him in a circle around all the ranged, who stood close to the melee working on the stationary tank. Then I would watch my bars, if someone got the poison, I would intervene to that person and immediately charge back to tanking the boss.
    Yeah that's nice, as long as one is careful and uses intervene like about after his worm has breathed. Because if you intervene and it decides to breath at that time, it would be a lot of greenish people hehe.
    Last edited by Jyl; 08-11-2009 at 12:42 PM.

Does 25 man Gormok also have 4 snobolds or are there more?

What's the point of kiting the mobile worm? I tried that, and maybe I didn't kite properly but I didn't find a difference from facing him towards a wall and just tanking him.

Also, does it matter for the stationary worm if no one is in melee? (We burned Acidmaw, so many times Dreadscale was stationary with no one on him but me so I just danced in and out to limit damage).

The stationary worm has a whirlwind attack that knocks melee back 20ish yards. The mobile worm drops clouds like Grobbulus. You have to decide which target you want your melee to attack. Personally we have our melee attack the mobile worm and kite him so that they're not in gas clouds.

Do the tanks not switch Jormungar alternately to remove the debuffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Lulia View Post
    Do the tanks not switch Jormungar alternately to remove the debuffs?
    Not really, speaking about the encounter in its current state. You can have people with toxin run to dread's tank (when dread is mobile) to have their toxin removed and non tanks with burning bile run to Acidmaw's tank to remove the tank's toxin (when it's Acidmaw the mobile worm). Then you can have melee on Acidmaw or Dread or even split them (if melee heavy) so as not to risk having burning bile on too many at the same time. You can try killing them at about the same time or just burn Acidmaw and then finish off Dreadscale... Pretty much everything works atm and i guess everyone is just optimizing tactics for own needs, depending on raid setup, e.t.c.

Feels like having half the fight tbh, i guess we'll have to wait for the heroic mode that will probably have us use a more tactical execution to beat this. At its current state and especially the 25man version is rather easy (tried it tonight) if the raid is decently geared, thus mistakes are forgivable and no special execution is needed. Just standard game.
    Last edited by Jyl; 08-11-2009 at 05:07 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by DKUgolina View Post
    The debuff is increased every time the threat target changes. .
    FALSE

FALSE

FALSE

as I said in the other thread

I do not know who started this rumor but i can say with 100% certainty that rising anger HAS NOTHING TO DO with tank transitions

Tested it tonight. Every time a kobold jumps on someone's back he gets a stack. meaning he is capped at 4 stacks unless someone with a kobold dies. If that happens the kobold picks a new target new targert=new stack.

Anyone know if the yeti is bugged or if we did something wrong?

After we all got pushed to the wall, the mob "looked at me", I immediatly sprinted to the far right (careful not to hit the walls, but still on the outer ring near the walls, about in the middle of the brown ring) and two other people were running towards the guy and it started to charge at me, b lined 90 degrees to hit them, then came and hit me with a normal hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arianne View Post
    Aerona, it's likely that you were having people die to each Massive Crash. If anyone dies to it, he enrages and hits for 50% additional damage. If no one dies to it then he is stunned for ~10s. If you have people die every time he does Massive Crash then there really isn't a way to beat this fight IMO. If you only have people die to MC once (or maybe twice) then tanks and healers can all blow their cooldowns to have the tank live.
    Hunters and rogues can also quickly Tranquilize the Yeti to get rid of the frenzy effect.

(Sorry if this had been mentioned here before...)

Evadd, Your raid members that got PT were not reacting fast enough. You have about 15s to move to the tank before PT will immobilize you. As stated before, one of the debuffs is always on the tank that is on the worm that's "on top". The other debuff is randomly targeted in the raid. Members of the raid need to be aware that they'll have to move to the tank of the worm that's "on top" and not get too far away from him.
    Yup, just position yourself smartly and not like other side of the room where the tank with other debuff is going to be and you'll make it in time every time. As a hunter, Disencage is a lovely thing for this. <3

Also, Deadly Boss Mods gives a huuuuuuge warning about you getting Paralytic Toxin OR Burning Bile, so it shouldn't be too hard to notice them in time.

@ darksend

I believe what you stated is false also, one encounter we had his stack up to 8 because we had 3 melee somehow get caught/die in fire (they fell asleep apparently)

this happened just after the last snobold died, slow dps, boss wound up with 8 stacks of buff making his dmg somewhat difficult to heal through.

So it appears to be a timed interval at which he gains a new stack.

edit-no one else died during the encounter with gormok except the 3 melee (right after the last snobold was killed) so...no snobold's changing who they were attacking yet we continued to see stacks pile up. (for clarity)

There is a 15 minute enrage timer on the whole event from what I've observed.

Here is what worked for us in 25man

Gormok the impaler:
    setup a disarm rotation
    tanks switch at 3 stacks IF the OT is cleared of debuff
    all dps burns down snobolds.

acidmaw & dreadscale:
    1 tank on stationary, 1 tank on moving
    All dps burns down acidmaw 1st (starts stationary, always in the same place) with assistance of heroism/bloodlust
    1 person should be appointed bile ferry for while acidmaw is up, we have a prot pally do it. The pally stands in front of dreadscale with the other tank, gets the bile and then goes and de-greens the raid.
    always point the worms away from the raid!

icehowl
    tank him in the center, raid spreads way out
    he will look at who he charges, avoid charge, burn boss,drag to middle..repeat

all in all, fun but easy encounter

Nice video though not sure if its been said before (to lazy to read all pages) But even in 10 man Icehowl will use his head butt to stun the tank for abit and this can (if your healers aren't ready for it) be fatal.

For Gormok we usualy switch when we can at but we usualy never reach more then 2 or 3 debuffs. And while I am not sure how safe it is. But while the OT is waiting for his dot to run out. He can most of the time at least Taunt Gormok while its about 5 secounds left for the debuff to run out as it most of the time is enought time for the debuff to fall off before Gormok uses impale again. (Again now sure how safe it is but thats how we done it twice now and seems to work)

just a note to say that mages can blink out of the icehowl's frost trap like in UK

7 total of warriors / rogues and you really don't have to worry about impale
    Mookey | GM of <RISE> Xavius [EU]

Downed this last night on 25 man and the Ferocious Butt was still being used but it was hitting for about 10k damage instead of 28k+. His melee swings were also a lot lower than they were last week. It must have been a bug.

Hi all first time poster long time reader.

As a few have picked up a little bit was left out of the explaination of the The Two Jormungar phase of this encounter.

- On the first round of the Jormungars being up only the tank on Deadscale will have the fire debuff therefore I don't recommend the kiting circle shown in this vid because because it is up to the tank on Acidmaw to move to the Deadscale tank to remove their paralysing debuff, due to things like knock back you run the risk of the Acidmaw tank getting paralysed. The way we handle this is have the Dreadscale tank turn and move him as slow as possible to the door they come from at the start, you won't run out of room before they go under if you move slow enough (yes you will have enough room to avoid the clouds on the floor). This positioning just gives you a quick hop skip and a jump as the Acidmaw tank.

After the worms go under ground and switch between one standing still and the other mobile then the fire debuff no longer goes to the Dreadscale tank only but to random raid members. This changes two things, firstly the Acidmaw tank can now just call for someone to run to him to remove his paralysing debuff and secondly the mobile worm can now be tanked around the wall like shown in the tankspot video.

I am not sure if I heard this right in the video, but no the worms do not just switch places when the go underground the only thing they switch each time is one being mobile and one being stationary.

We DPS the Acidmaw down first so we have found it cleaner to have the Dreadscale tank call if he has the fire debuff each time it goes under ground so we can have the free tank move in and pick it up, just saves the tank running through the raid burning people up with his fire debuff.

Oh I am just wondering why in the video you are tanking Icehowl in the middle of the room when he has a knock back? I would rather just sit my back to a wall and hold him there. If it's to minimise the amount of people caught in the effect of his breath then I guess make sure your raid is spread out behind him. Not meaning to pick just that I find the less movement the better.

I have tried both in the middle and on the wall and found it cleaner for everyone in the raid if I am on the wall but I could be missing something.

Our guild downed this boss last night and came up with some strategies that are a bit different than those discussed here. I am working on uploading a video to youtube currently and should be up later this afternoon (["http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ECYbGuTEb4"]).

Phase 1: Our tanks switched at about 3 stacks and had all DPS focus on the snobolds as they came out. The reason we did this is to burn through dealing with them as fast as possible. There is only a limited number of them to kill so after that you can focus on the boss without fire or interrupts. Didn't see it mentioned above, but the Staggering Stomp will lock casters spells out for a short time if they are caught casting during this ability.

Phase 2: This is probably the most different part. We use only 1 tank from here on out. We had a single tank take both the Jormungars. The single tank mostly was stationary and moved around as necessary for the clouds. There was a knock back, but this did not cause any problems. Our OT was on standby to pick up in the case the MT was crippled by the paralytic poison and unable to remove it. The only part to really be careful of in this method is the melee DPS as they need to avoid the poison clouds as much as possible. The rest of the damage that occurs from this method was extremely easy to heal through. This also allowed for casters/ranged to move a short distance in to clear their poison debuff. We were using both nature and fire resists for this fight.

Phase 3: There is an enrage timer at 15minutes. With a frost resist aura (or equivalent) up, the icy breath is extremely easy to heal through. This is the easiest part, nothing worth noting that wasn't mentioned above.

Just a note, the vid is from our first night there, so there are many points that we are going to be adjusting for next week. However the general strategy is in place.
    Last edited by Higarra; 08-17-2009 at 10:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread