+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My threat sucks.......

My threat sucks.......

The World of Warcraft Armory - Arodon @ Alleria - Profile

I get pulled off of almost instantly. I realize I'm still at a low lvl, but I must be doing something wrong.

I open up with a DG, then drop DnD, then I use BB twice and then.......everything is on CD. I really don't have a rotation, I just try and hit whatever is not on CD. Don't even start me on tab targeting, I can barely look at another guy before the first one is running off.

Should I get a more reliable rotation? Should I go frost? If so, what is a good spec, glyphs, rotation, weapons, etc?

Thanks
    "Good morning, apparently the assassins have failed."

I use this rotation.
    If its 2 mobs don't use DnD, if its 3+ use DnD.
    Remember this is only a good rotation for blood tanking.
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=combat Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Pestilence, Death Strike, Heart Strike
    /cast Rune Strike
    If you can't figure out the macro, the rotation is:
    Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Pestilence, Death Strike, Heart Strike while casting Rune Strike whenever it is up.

You may also want to consider a respec to a more effective spec.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000

This is my current tank spec on my DK, you can move around a few points if you want.
    Last edited by HearthQuake; 01-14-2010 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HearthQuake
    You may also want to consider a respec to a more effective spec.
    The World of Warcraft Armory
    He can't use that spec, he's lvl 69, not 80.

To OP, first level to 70, then try this lvl 70 Frost spec instead. When you hit 80, follow this Frost tanking guide for 5man farming.

Lvl 70 rotation:

1. Don't pull with Death Grip, save it for runners (along with Dark Command).

2. Put DnD down between yourself and the mob pack, let them run all the way through it to you, building threat w/ each step. Then DG or Strang any casters that don't run over to you.

3. Once they're all grouped in your AoE range, hit Howling Blast, then Blood Boil, then spam Frost Strike or Rune Strike on the focus target till out of RP or runes have refreshed. At lvl 70 you'll probably run out of RP several seconds b/f runes have refreshed. If there are any casters pelting you w/ spells or poison, use Anti-Magic Shield both for mitigation and for Runic Power regen.

4. Repeat HB/OB - HB/OB - BB - BB - runic dump till all dead.

Single-disease Frost with Glyphed Howling Blast is the fastest, most aggressive AoE threat spec we have, and makes 5mans easy mode. You don't have to bother with Plague Strike (except on bosses), or Pestilence, and your dmg is buffed plenty by Glacier Rot and Tundra Stalker, neither of which requires Blood Plague.

Hungering Cold is optional, but after almost a year of Frost tanking, it's my favorite way to spend the last required point in the Frost tree. 1m cd (vs 2m for Lichborne and 2m for Deathchill). It does some threat, and puts up Frost Fever, prepping mobs for a buffed HB, and buying time for runes or the HB cd to refresh.
    Last edited by Kurtosis; 01-14-2010 at 11:15 PM.

Sweet, thank you. What kinda glyphs and weapons do you suggest?
    "Good morning, apparently the assassins have failed."

Glyph recommendations are in the guide I linked, for weapons, any big slow 2H (3.50 speed or slower).

Don't bother trying DW tanking till you're 80 and well geared. It's fun, feels good (more runic power regen from 3/3 Scent of Blood), but there are just too many hoops to jump through to make it work well until you get geared in full Triumph 232/245 lvl gear.

+ Reply to Thread