+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning Warrior Needs Advice (gear)

Returning Warrior Needs Advice (gear)

Hi all. I took a break from the game when Ulduar came out and now it seems stat priority has changed. I was booted out of an EoE 10 when the leader saw I had 33k unbuffed HPs...

The World of Warcraft Armory - Odegar @ Azgalor - Profile

I want to start tanking ICC 10 and my prioritization is: armor, stam, dodge, expertise, parry, hit, block value.

Is this wrong? Will I get insta-gibbed in ICC with 44k hp raid buffed? A lot of people are telling me to go block, which seems ridiculous.

And then trinkets. Should I throw on crappy HP trinkets over my ilvl245 armor trinket? I'm having a really hard time sacrificing 105 dodge for 125 stam.

Thanks in advance.

For your gearing in ICC you should focus on EH with a rough stam to armor ratio at 1 stam = 11 armor, adjust it for diffrerent fights depending on how high percentage is magic damage that killed you through Maintankadin • View topic - "Total" EH - incorporating different damage types into EH.

All of your gems and enchants look good other than you should get all epic gems and in your headpiece and I would change the gem into a 15 stam 10 def rating to get the 12 stam socket bonus with a better option than 10+ all, it would probably also be a good choice getting the socket bonus in your chest piece with a 15 stam hybrid gem since the socket bonus is 9 stamina. For your easy upgrades I would change your dodge trinket with the Black Heart since EH is favored and the Black Heart's proc is worth around 90 stamina in pure EH, I know it relys on randomness but it still gives you a good bit of EH most of the time.

If you aren't doing ICC where two great bracers are easily avaliable I would recomend getting the Saronite Sword Breakers a crafted piece. This is good reading material for you since you took a break during Ulduar about what order you should get your emblem pieces in The Emblem of Triumph Pick Order - Warriors - TankingTips.com The Emblem of Frost Pick Order - Warriors - TankingTips.com. Just continue to do random heroics, you will gear up very quickly.

Thank you very much. I'll read through all of that stuff.

+ Reply to Thread