+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3.2 Unholy Spec

3.2 Unholy Spec

The World of Warcraft Armory

The World of Warcraft Armory <-- if first link doesn't work (fixing the armory my ass Blizz :P)

Tested this last night in the new raid and in Ulduar.

Threat is good (excpet when a certain palli tank doesn't slow down when I need to taunt off of him)

Mitigation seems to be the same, didn't notice the extended cool down on IBF

All in all a viable spec.
    Last edited by Celchu; 08-05-2009 at 12:54 PM.

Not sure if its just me, but your link doesn't work right now showing all your talent selections under the unholy tree

Edited

I would consider Desolation if you plan to have Reaping, you need either BS or Pestilence to convert your runes get the extra damage and tps from BS.

Necrosis and Dirge I didn't find as very usful talents in tanking, moving a point to vicious strikes will help with extra tps. If you find your taunts or disease spells missing consider virulence as well.

This is strickly my opinion however I am in the same boat as you, I'm looking for an Unholy build to use for AOE tanking and a solid single target tank build mostly considering blood. I have a thread a progress and hope for more responses:
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f175/...lf-builds.html
    Edit:
    made a mistake in the information provided
    Last edited by Loathme; 08-05-2009 at 01:51 PM.

I don't use DS all that much when tanking unholy, usually SS with IT and PS thrown in to refresh disease if the glyph doesn't proc. I throw in DS into the rotation on fights like General or any other healing intensive fight.

Sorry i noticed in your response I made an error, I meant Blood Strike not Death

I always like to have the death rune talent in my builds, gives you some more flexibility and with the right timing of empower rune weapon you can get a good burst of threat with 3xSS or 3xDS with a Death coil or rune strike thrown in for good measure. I see desecration more of a DPS talent.

+ Reply to Thread