+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3.2 Frost Tank spec

3.2 Frost Tank spec

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...&version=10192

A new frost tank build I threw together today after the patch went live, wondering what you guys think? I put the 2 points in acclimation and 1 point in hungering cold because I saw no better place to put them.

The build is really solid, good aggro gen an dmg reduction. Maybe the acclimation point would go better in the ravenous talent in unholy, it might boost your parry a little.

in the other hand xD, thats the specc i had b4 the nerf... :S that didn't go well yesterday in 10 and 25 man for me (uld hard modes and stuff) , the build is solid, but now my main doubt is the stamina, idk if that happened to you but i have now 6k less stamina than b4 and 2% dodge less aswell (fully buffed).

I posted with some blood and frost tanking build that might boost my stamina a little.

Yeah, that's pretty similar to what I ended up with last night, except I stripped the points you have in HC, Epidemic, Chill of the Grave, and Deathchill to fill out Icy Talons/Imp Icy Talons. (I never seem to have a reliable WF provider in my raids other than me, and I've never really been happy with the Deathchill and Epidemic talents)

Take out acclimation and hungering cold for scent of blood? Might help with the frost strikes.

so I'm new to DK tanking and I was just wondering how rotations worked for this kind of build.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabidwalrus View Post
    so I'm new to DK tanking and I was just wondering how rotations worked for this kind of build.
    Single target- IT>PS>BS>BS>OB>OB>OB(I usually can get a third OB out before I RP dump because of my RS macros).

Multi- DnD>IT>PS>Pest>HB>BB>RP dump
    Alt Multi(This is what i do with chain pulls between DnD CDs) HB>BB>BB>HB>RP dump

With this Build and Rotation I have no aoe threat problems what so ever(and I hardly mark trash so DPS is killing random targets.), Hungering cold is really situational as well with acclimation. As the regards to speccing in Icy Talons/Imp Icy Talons, I always run with an enhancement shaman in my raids so the WF totem takes care of the haste, though even if i didn't run with one constantly I found that the benifits of Icy Talons/Imp Icytalons wasn't worth the talents points.

Quote Originally Posted by Insahnity View Post
    Take out acclimation and hungering cold for scent of blood? Might help with the frost strikes.
    With this build I would only have 1 point to play with, i would need to leave 1 point in HC and 1 point in acclimation to still be able to pick up HB my 51 talent. Though I may take 1 point from acclimation and toss it in scent of blood, might help with more threat for single target rotations.
    Last edited by Khrosis; 08-05-2009 at 01:18 PM.

My 3.2 DK frost tanking build...

The World of Warcraft Armory

I've been working on this build which is slightly different from yours

Khrosis, i quite like your spec, ive copied it and tweaked with it to suit my play style.

This is the spec ive made:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deathknight=0055020000000000000000000000305050503 50033010300203101351005200000000000000000000000000 0&glyph=072418050406&version=10192

My glyphs in that spec are:

Dark Command - this is for when i loose a mob, and i need to get him back quickly. I'm unsure wether to change this, it has came over from my old spec.

Unbreakable Armour - Obv for those hard hitting moments

Glyph of Obliterate - I see it as a must.

Ive put points into Icy Talons and Imp, purley because we cannot always garentee on reliable WF provider, ive also used some of the advice given on this post to alter the spec.

I took away Deathchill, cause in a previous spec i had, i never used it anyway, so it was a waste of a point for me. Ive had the same problem, which i am seeing with alot of DK Tanks, and that is, ive lost health... alot of it :P but this can be fixed with better gear, gems and all that jazz. I also agree with Fathom, i too am not a big fan of Epidemic, would the two points from that be better spent in "Dark Conviction", you know to squeeze the chance to critically hit, but it's 2% :S

I love DK tanks, compared to the other Tanking classes ive played, and would like to know, what you all think about my alterations, and any advice you would give, im easy :P

Quote Originally Posted by Insahnity View Post
    This.

Scent of Blood is an absolute lifesaver for frost striking while rune striking and monitoring cooldowns.

Liked your build wondering what glyphs you were using on this one?

O.o this thread apparently got resurrected from the dead.
    Btw aren't we in 3.3 now not 3.2?

+ Reply to Thread