Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: DK QQ -- 3.2 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Keza View Post
    I want a hug, some bacon and a pretty pink shield. Oh, and a pet marmot.

I don't like my nerfs and I'm still trying to figure out what I really want to do with my spec. I feel squishier than I ever have been and I don't like it. I get the nerfs and I knew they would come along, just makes it not feel like a heroic class anymore.

/end qq

I hear you. The one way I get past this is to take the negatives from the QQ posts and try and prove them wrong. For instance it was said somewhere in the thread that the new changes would put an end to Solo tanking General V. And you know what, our raid came up with a plan and we took him down with just me as a tank. So we can still do it. The biggest change for me was trinket and ability use. When I was doing Naxx I would never use them (unless I had all of KTs adds on me, and then I only just used IBF), at the begining of Ulduar I used them a little more (untill my gear got better) and now after the nerfs, I find myself using them alot more, which is how it should be IMO. Makes the game more fun

I'm with you Keza, but then, this is not the first time we've gotten to deal with something like this.

Ultimately we have to just keep tanking until we don't feel squishy, we just feel like its status quo.

Prolet, you can second guess what I have to say based on the stats you look up on Armory, but it won't change the merit of what I have to say. The math and the effect are pretty straight forward.

Are you trying to tell me that the nerf to our passive effects has killed us as tanks? Obviously that would be incorrect hyperbole since everyone has gone on to tank things just fine. Do I need to be in a hardcore progression guild for you to respect what I understand about the game and how it works?
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Satorri View Post
    Do I need to be in a hardcore progression guild for you to respect what I understand about the game and how it works?
    COURSE NOT!
    from all the information i've seen you put around the few sites i do visit plus your friendly encouraging nature to what can sometimes be easily picked on idea's it would be a crime against humanity to hate on you, who did it? tell me and i'll sick 'em
    soz its getting late, im off to bed.
    All dk nerf QQ aside, ive been chatting with the healers of my guild and although i am a bit squishier than before it comes back to just having to play a bit more thoughtfully. Would it be better for me to go for more avoidance or more health for this fight? Is it better for me to use on demand trinkets or my auto procing ones. All in all, it probably is a bit too much of a nerf but atm i am lucky to be blessed with some really geared and skilled heals so it's gonna be ok. just a nerf that has to be taken into our stride guys.

EDIT:If you arent keeping some of the gear you are swapping out because you think you'll never need it again maybe reconsider, especially when it comes to trinkets and rings. I'm still using signet of impregnable fortress and even if platinum band of the aesir drops and my priority rating is high enough for me to get it i'll probably predominantly stick to soif because the hit rating on it is something i can't let slide too low. enjoy the game, do your maths and we'll all be QQing less soon.
    Last edited by Tankkin; 08-17-2009 at 08:51 AM. Reason: final thought a bit slow on its way

Well, I found out last night that my sidekick warrior tank in 10-mans was just as squishy as I was last night. We did Colesium and had first time kills for both bosses and we both noticed our health dipping down to 10-11k. It may be more of a healer issue sometimes than me being so squishy and likely a combination of both. And cooldowns, yes I have to use them more, and trinkets. Man, it feels like tanking on a warrior again. <small qq there

After last night's raid I'm feeling more confident in being able to tank the content we are on and progression. Gear upgrades feel more urgent right now, so I'm working towards that goal.
    "serious walnut- crunching ass power" from: Merry Christmas, Bob, By Chris Shugart

Quote Originally Posted by Satorri View Post
    The thing that occurred to me last night that actually made me laugh, as a Blood tank. Being marginally squishier, taking more damage, I actually enjoyed it, as it let me feel like my heals were even more needed. I need to check the parses, but I suspect my overhealing went down actually counterbalancing the increase in damage slightly.

I also felt more like I needed to use my CDs for more than just the big spike moments (Plasma Blast, Fusion Punch, Frozen Blows, etc).

With the scale of the hits in Uld25, 3k health isn't terribly noticeable as your health bounces up and down, but I did notice that I appeared to be taking more damage, I think because the way I realize that at a glance is the relative proportion of how far a hit takes me down my health bar. That would be an aggregate of slightly more damage (armor reduced), and less total health (a same size hit looks much bigger when the health bar stays the same, but the total health in that space is reduced by 7%).
    Satorri, Ive noticed the exact same thing in my parsing. I am taking more damage than in 3.1, but my survivability has stayed fairly consistent (unless there is just a huge spike+MS effect) with my healing coming more into play (and as such increased my threat).

My guild focuses on 10s, but even then its a difference of having 2-3 healers vs 5-7, a small % increase in damage (that ANY attentive healer can makeup for) hasnt stopped me from tanking Emalon25 with ease. I still have more avoidance/HP than any of our other tanks in my guild, and our main healer finds Im significantly easier to heal than our Warrior or Druid OTs.

We got nerfed, the QQ is whiplash, but no DK should be getting replaced anytime soon (from a class perspective, skill/gear are different issues).

M

Does anyone use World of Logs, and what specifically do you look at to judge your performance dps and mitigation-wise?
    "serious walnut- crunching ass power" from: Merry Christmas, Bob, By Chris Shugart

I don't see why this thread is even still being used. The DK qq is over, we are fine numerous people have said that. Lets not bump it with questions that don't have anything to do with the OP.

For god sake would a mod just lock this thread. It can't look good for new people who come to the site and see a 7 page thread of a bunch of junk that continues to get used for irrelevant questions.

Closed Thread