+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3.2 where do i go

3.2 where do i go

before 3.2 came out i was ok got anice two hander from naxx 10 def was at 544 frost dk tank spec dodge was really good i could hold agro on my target fine but now that 3.2 is here..still waiting for server to pop ive finally got to where i have two 1 hander tanking swords but tht drops my defense to 521 with my trinket it comes to 532 ive been told that duel welding is very good for a dk frost tank BUT since the patch it seems like my tank is no longer a tank i could be wrong so im here asking for harp..lol on this issue if anybody knows a good duel weild spec for a frost dk pls link

thnx josh

soon as i posted this thread my roommate showed me this spec for 3.2 duel weild Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

what are ur thoughts

Spec looks solid.. Since you mentioned the two swords, where could I go to pick some up?

My thoughts are that you would never ever dual weild tank. it's possible, don't get me wrong. It can in fact very much be done. However, you loose threat per second. You also increase the mobs parry chance agianst you unless you are absolutely expertise capped. So the spec is viable, just not very applicable atm.

Not to mention that improved icy talons is a wasted set of points atm. if you are running 25's or 10's and you are used to having a shaman with you. One of two things needs to happen. Either 1.) they need to stop using windfury totem. or 2.) Not bring the shaman.

This unfortunantly is not practical by any means of the imagination.

should i stay with a two hander ^two hand axe from kt^ atm untill a good build spawns up

I would. it's just not worth risking your threat for sub par mitigation and threat values. if you are in a guild that plans on doing some of the newer content when it comes out. I would go Blood/EH(effective health) until a definitive spec has come along. unless you are a math wiz and have done some calculations. The average player is stuck like chuck.

I'd go back to using a 2 hander until the balance has been worked slightly. but I still would never DW tank without 26 expertise at the minimum.

ok ty u guys for ur feedback i appericate it ty again ^josh^

Quote Originally Posted by lovecow View Post
    should i stay with a two hander ^two hand axe from kt^ atm untill a good build spawns up
    Rune Strike is one of the biggest DK threat tool and Rune Strike is not affected by new ToT talent so you can easily guess that your threat will be pretty sub-par, not to mention the parry gibbing issues you can face time to time where you go boom SPALT

+ Reply to Thread