+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Healers now want +hit gear...

Healers now want +hit gear...

There is one legit case where it can be useful for a healer to have hit, and that is trying to dispel against a boss. I mention this because we don't like the idea at all and have plans to change it. It's not fun when you try to dispel say Fusion Punch, miss, and wipe.

In the meantime, be aware that dispels can miss in PvE against targets higher level than you (which is inconveniently, bosses).
    With this news, till dispels are changed, i will be allowing my pally's and priests to pick up some +hit weapons and maybe some trinkets and rings from Naxx and starting ulduar content for those fights where the dispels are uber important.

well would ya look at that :P lucky i got a piece or two of hit gear then :S ty for the heads up

Quote Originally Posted by Lizana View Post
    till dispels are changed, i will be allowing my pally's and priests to pick up some +hit weapons and maybe some trinkets and rings from Naxx and starting ulduar content for those fights where the dispels are uber important.
    easy to fix have a hit caped ele shammy, ret pally, or shadow priest make a macro to dispel. (my guild has all of them do it and keep clicking on macro just for who ever might get it frist)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodredsnow View Post
    easy to fix have a hit caped ele shammy, ret pally, or shadow priest make a macro to dispel. (my guild has all of them do it and keep clicking on macro just for who ever might get it frist)
    Not every group has an ele shaman, a ret pally, or a shadow priest in their group.

This does explain why my Cleanse just would do an epic fail on the Runic Punch in Iron Council... it wasn't my fault, Liz! (Luckily for us we have a pally tank trained to cleanse that debuff off of themselves, but that's only due to our good fortune, again, not everyone has the same group setup)

I don't understand people having issues with miss, if you are dispelling Fusion Punch you should be spamming dispel on the tank before it even lands, not hitting it once. That's my technique anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by vine View Post
    I don't understand people having issues with miss, if you are dispelling Fusion Punch you should be spamming dispel on the tank before it even lands, not hitting it once. That's my technique anyhow.
    The problem comes from the fact that cleanse if it "misses" causes the gcd of 1.5 seconds. That means at least 1 tick will go off on the tank. If the second cleanse misses ( bad luck) your now looking at 3 ticks at 15000 damage a second.

Wait a second... I'm confused.

It's my understanding that dispels can only miss if they are being used on a hostile target. For example, using Mass Dispel to remove Runemaster Molgeim's Shield of Runes.

I can't recall ever seeing a miss when dispelling a member of the raid. Fusion Punch is a debuff on the tank, not a buff on Steelbreaker. There should be no chance of missing when dispelling it.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It's not fun when you try to dispel say Fusion Punch, miss, and wipe.

In the meantime, be aware that dispels can miss in PvE against targets higher level than you (which is inconveniently, bosses).
    GG blizz for not knowing the mechanics of your own encounters. You don't dispel fusion puch from the boss, you cleanse it from the tank, which I'm going to assume is the same level as you.
    Last edited by Akeber; 08-09-2009 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akeber View Post
    [/color]

GG blizz for not knowing the mechanics of your own encounters. You don't dispel fusion puch from the boss, you cleanse it from the tank, which I'm going to assume is the same level as you.

Yes. This. I LOL'ed when I read this on the blue post.

Quote Originally Posted by NewfieDave View Post
    I can't recall ever seeing a miss when dispelling a member of the raid. Fusion Punch is a debuff on the tank, not a buff on Steelbreaker. There should be no chance of missing when dispelling it.

Nah, you're right.

It's my understanding that dispels can only miss if they are being used on a hostile target. For example, using Mass Dispel to remove Runemaster Molgeim's Shield of Runes.
    This is correct. Of course, why you would be using Mass Dispell instead of Dispell Magic is beyond me.

Mass Dispell = 1.5s cast, 33% of base mana.
    Dispell Magic = Instant Cast, 14% of base mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Akeber View Post

I think instead of a "miss" he is referring to the chance that the cleanse or the dispel will fail to remove the debuff. Thats the way i took the post.

The debuff was placed on the target by a higher level than you, and that is what makes a difference. And it makes sense if you think about it that way. Plan on testing this next week to see how much hit is necessary to cause a 100% positive cleanse chance, but its low priority for me atm...

Basically i read it as the dispel resist is coded into the debuff applied by the higher level.
    Last edited by Lizana; 08-09-2009 at 01:35 PM.

Actually, I've had it happen to me before, where Cleanse just failed. Caused at least one wipe because of it, too... and since then we've had our pally tank using cleanse on themselves when they have Fusion Punch on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyffyr View Post
    This is correct. Of course, why you would be using Mass Dispell instead of Dispell Magic is beyond me.
    No need to change targets.

No need to change targets.
    Mouseover Macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyffyr View Post
    Mouseover Macro.
    No need to make a macro. Haha.

In all honesty, I've just fallen in love with Mass Dispel lately. It's so useful on many fights in Ulduar that I've found myself using it all the time just for practice.

+ Reply to Thread