+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3.2 out but not the end of season

3.2 out but not the end of season

I am not amused -_-

They should have announced end of season two weeks ago. Now a major patch comes and everyone's class and comp will be different.

Question About "Trial of the Grand Crusader" - Wowraid Bluetracker

They are only releasing 1 new boss a week. That means that it will be at least 5 weeks until the new overpowered pve stuff will start to make an impact.

The comp changes are a very real concern though cannot help you there

Class and comp, AND gear.

guilds that down the first boss by next week will have a significant ilvl advantage over those even sporting furious gear.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

The new VoA boss will be locked until S7 starts (according to what I read on AJ) so that's something.

But yeah there will be the first boss drops.

The huge change to resilience is now in effect.

Sweeping class changes.

And the teams that are in glad range will most likely just sit on their ratings making getting up there even harder.

I'm just glad I'll have shoulders when I log on because I wouldn't want to push 2050 in this mess -_-.

ugh, i wanted to push for 1850 for a weapon.... not gonna happen now probably

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I'm amazed they did it too. Now they've got two ways to go forward: either pull the two week notice now and give everyone two weeks to learn not only their own class and how the resilience changes hit them, but every other comp and how it plays. At an extreme, frost death knights are now pushed into either learning unholy or finding a dual wield weapon set in very short order. The alternative is to not pull the notice quickly, in which case gladiator will be determined by who manages to pull the most ilevel 250+ gear from the colloseum before Blizzard shuts the season down.

At least I'll still be able to buy the weapon upgrade on my warrior when the servers come up, but I think my hopes of pushing for the tabard with the higher damage output have been pretty much shattered by the resilience change (and resulting rage loss); it's still a relative gain though, so maybe I'm not completely hosed yet.

I agree - the notice needed to come two weeks ago, or the patch had to be delayed. The only way I see this working out well is if the colloseum doesn't actually open (even though it's in game) until S6 ends. It would still leave the last-minute composition change issue, as well as the post-patch server stability concerns, but at least the looming gear gap would be delayed. And then, I'm sure having a new dungeon released but locked goes over great with any sort of raid guild.

-Splug

EDIT:
    And the teams that are in glad range will most likely just sit on their ratings making getting up there even harder.
    I was under the impression that teams have to play a minimum number of games in the last week or two to be eligible for gladiator. Is that incorrect? Even if they just need 10 games the last week, forcing that is going to possibly be even worse for skewing things at the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Splug View Post
    EDIT:I was under the impression that teams have to play a minimum number of games in the last week or two to be eligible for gladiator. Is that incorrect? Even if they just need 10 games the last week, forcing that is going to possibly be even worse for skewing things at the last minute.
    Nope. This is a list of what you need:

Requirements For Gladiator Title - Arena Junkies Forums

Ah, that explains it; the use of the term 'inactive' threw me off.

So then it basically will be people squatting on the higher ratings, and a rushed dogpile at ~2300 trying to scrape their way up from that - with plenty of lower-rated counter-comp teams to snipe large points and nothing above to counter for a big win. I suppose the countering won't be as bad in larger brackets, but 2v2's are heavily swayed by rock-paper-scissors hard counters, which can easily cause a team with a higher MMR to be at a disadvantage (while still paying points as though they had an edge). It's not that bad while there are other players above to turn the tables on, but pulling the top band off the market is going to make it a complete mess during the post-patch re-learning.

-Splug

+ Reply to Thread