+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Threat and survivability.

Threat and survivability.

So this is a multi-purpose thread about my tanking and problems.

When I aoe tank as blood, I'm not sure if it's because I'm heart striking too much and blood boiling too little or something, but I can't really tell what's going on that people rip off me in game.

Armory is down.

The other thing is, my avoidance is only about 40% cuz...yeah, my gear and stuff mostly. I went unholy to see how my aggro compared and aoe wise i held stuff fine, but i took hits like a babytank in greens.

Anyone have ideas or advice, despite armory being unavailable? Rotation problems? More blood boils less heart strikes?

What dungeons are you speaking of? If you are talking raids with massive amounts of trash, you probably just need another tank to help with those pulls. Blood is definitely not the strongest spec for AoE but it is certainly viable. If you have pulls of more than two mobs, definitely use BB, and try switching targets frequently for your other single target attacks.

If you are doing mostly Heroics, I would recommend going to a Frost spec as the instant aggro from a HB pull, DnD, BB is unrivaled.

I still deathgrip the casters into DnD, then HB when the hitters catch up, but if you're going for AoE style tanking, Frost is the goods. Other than the Anticipation talent, the most mitigation you're getting out of Unholy is Bone Shield, which is almost as bad as UBA (Useless talent imo.) and Frost has a 3% avoidance buff in Frigid Dreadplate, which aids in the spamming of Rune Strike. Blood gives you more of a chance to stack HP, but unless you're really geared, and equally experienced, it can be just as nightmarish as your experience tanking in Unholy. Plus, as you said, Armory's being lazy which also cripples wow-heroes, sooo.. hopefully this helps?
    ...Thoughts of a philosophical Death Knight...
    If death is the inevitable end of life, is life the inevitable end of undeath?

+ Reply to Thread