+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanking Elixer/Potions - What to use?

Tanking Elixer/Potions - What to use?

Hello all, long time reading, first time poster. I am currently an all right tank, but the problems with me now is I dont use food or elixers. For food, im using Blackened Dragonfin, but I have no idea what to use as my elixers.

Thanks, Kam

Flask of Stoneblood takes both guardian and battle elixir spots
    Indestructible potion
    And for food either Fish Feast, Rhinolicious Wormsteak, or bonescale snapper
    Your ad could be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubzil View Post
    bonescale snapper
    I think you mean snapper extreme.

If you do chose to take the elixir route; the +Defense (guardian) and +Expertise (battle) are great elixirs to use.

I would suggest using the Flask of Stoneblood in any raid setting though.

There is also an alternative to the Snapper Extreme +Hit Food. Worg Tartare, same thing, different mats.

I basically use whatever I'm lacking, at the time. Unless there's a very specific boss encounter that calls for a certain maximum effect. For example, I generally use Rhinolicious Wormsteak, because I'm a bit low on Expertise. I almost always carry Fish Feast, though, because everyone seems to enjoy them so much!!
    Or, if I'm about to go into WG, or any battleground, I take an elixir that will remain after death--otherwise, it's a total waste...well, everyong dies at least once in there, eh?

...and then, there are days when I forget to buff, don't remember to put Vig on anyone, etc. (Low bio-rhythms?) Is there a memory buff I don't know about?

;>)
    -"Just like a buzzin' fly, I come into your life, I'll float away, like honey in the sun..."--Tim Buckley

That Flask of Stoneblood thing sounds like a nice idea. I generally just eat some fish, blow my horn of winter, and it's off to the races. The downside of being broke, and not knowing any alchs I guess. =\ I'll look into these things though.
    ...Thoughts of a philosophical Death Knight...
    If death is the inevitable end of life, is life the inevitable end of undeath?

Fish feast? Really?

Not dragonfin filet for bossen
    Not +crit food for trash/pack tanking? (I forget the name..nettlefish something or other)
    Not blackened dragonfin for progression bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Not +crit food for trash/pack tanking? (I forget the name..nettlefish something or other)
    Poached Nettlefish I use it for the rare moments when I DPS. You think that would be better for trash tankin' than the 60AP from fish feast?
    ...Thoughts of a philosophical Death Knight...
    If death is the inevitable end of life, is life the inevitable end of undeath?

For the memory buff I use "buff enough" (and configure it to know that defensive stance _should_ be present.) It doesn't solve the Vigilance problem but it does catch most of the other brain fade buff problems.

Flask of Stoneblood is my preference, and right now I'm doing the Rhinolicious Wyrmsteak route as well until I can get a bit more expertise in my gear.

On fights when I know i will be taking borderline onehit damage I use the expertise food, flask of stoneblood and chain two armor potions.

On "normal" fights I just use the stoneblood flask and the armor pots.

On fights when my flask runs out with under 20 mins to the end of the raid and it isnt a boss that hits like vezax I use a fortitude elixir and a strength elixir.

I like +crit for trash tanking. I even throw on a crit trinket sometimes. Those ticking deep wounds really seem to aggravate trash mobs for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    You think that would be better for trash tankin' than the 60AP from fish feast?

Fish feast is just sub-par. If you want attack power, dragonfin filet provides +80AP and +40SBV.
    Last edited by Griff; 08-05-2009 at 10:01 AM.

+ Reply to Thread