+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Avoidance Problem

Avoidance Problem

Hello, recently I have been tanking some bosses in Ulduar10 and saw that I was getting hit alot. I'm posting here because I want to know if my avoidance is bad, or if my health makes up for the lack of avoidance.

I cannot provide an armory link at the moment because it is not updated with some changes I made. I will post the armory as soon as it is updated.

Here are my unbuffed stats-
    35779 Health
    545 defense
    27094 Armor
    28.79% dodge (30.17% dodge with horn)
    17.92% parry (18.41% parry with horn)
    Also, any advice on glyphs and such would be nice!
    Thank you in advance! The World of Warcraft Armory (gear is still wack)
    Last edited by Mikelaw; 08-03-2009 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Forgot to include some things

Your avoidance looks just fine to me, it's actually way ahead of your health in the balance, relatively speaking.

Maybe you could be more specific about when and where you're worried? Particular fights? Hard modes? What spec are you? What is making you doubt yourself?
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

Ah, I forgot to include my spec. I'm blood at the moment. I used to be a heavy self healing spec, but recently decided to change to a better threat build. I was worried on XT Hard Modeabit, but the damage is really high on that fight, Freya(just tanking her), and General Vezax.

Ah, then if you're Blood, you'll get a lot of value if you beef up your health some more. Are you gemmed for dodge at all? Or maybe using avoidance trinkets?

You're pretty close to my unbuffed blood stats, so I find it strange you're having issues in Uld10. Getting hit as Blood is a trade off for the healing, and I think the healing more than offsets the damage.

My question is whether or not you're dying, or healers are struggling to keep you alive. I don't see a problem unless there is a specific issue that's come up.

I just started gemming for dodge, one 16+ dodge in my gloves, one 16+ dodge in my pants, and one 27+ dodge in my boots. I've got the furnance stone for an avoidance trinket and the monarch crab with 24stam+41stam gems in it.

I'm not having issues, just paranoid whether or not my avoidance needs to be improved.

Yeah, as Blood I'd stick with health stacking, you pick up plenty of avoidance on gear, and you have on-use from your trinkets. Otherwise the health will buff all of your heals and effects based on % health (Blood-gorged, WotN, Vamp Blood, Rune Tap, DS, etc).

You *should* be fine the way you are though. What's giving you cause for concern?

I wish my armory was updated, it would help. So are you saying I should just forget those dodge gems and get my stam gems back, and go back to getting all of my self healing abilities in my spec?

+ Reply to Thread