+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I can't be that bad, can I?

I can't be that bad, can I?

First off, I've been playing since about 3 months before Vanilla-Naxx was released so I am not new to the game, or to tanking.

Lately I've been doing alot more raiding with my guild, we have been clearing Naxx 10 every week since we formed near 2 months ago, I am usually OT for my guild except on some fights, my gear isnt that bad but I know its not great, but I am constantly being told that I am nearly un-healable on hard hitting bosses, I need to know if theres something I did wrong with my gear or if its just my healers.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Heres my armory, please tell me whats wrong.

Care to link the other tank? Your stats are beyond what I would consider low end for naxx. I'm curious to see if your other tank covers for deficient healing.

Spec wise you will probably find a lot more use in taking 2 from shield specialization and throwing it into gag order. The silence is nice but the 10% shield slam damage is a must from a threat standpoint (and you're losing block rating, big deal). Also If you're going to spec improved disciplines, glyph for shield wall, taking it down to a 2 min cooldown is really nice.

None of the above changes are going to make or break it for you. Knowing what your other tank is like, or seeing some logs might help though.

Your gear is fine for Naxx10, if you aren't doing stuff like turning your back to the boss or /sit-ing there should be no problem for an equally geared healer.

While your gear is at entry level for naxx 10, I would keep doing heroics looking for upgrades. By using 3x +27def dragons eye gems, you are cutting out almost 1500 extra HP. That could be the difference between the healers having some leeway on you, and them struggling to keep you topped off because you get 2-shotted.

This is our other tank
    The World of Warcraft Armory

The only boss I would ever think about turning my back on is Heigan and I rarely do that.

Yeah I'm still working on gear from heroics, I've been having bad luck on drops.

Sorry it took so long to reply my power went out just after I posted

No clue why your healers would have an easier time healing him than you. Some bosses you can expect the damage and blow shield wall or some other cooldown but nothing in naxx hits so hard that they wouldn't be able to keep you up.

If you get a log we can look into it further.

With that gear set, if your healers are struggling to keep you upright and mobile in Naxx10, you might want to ask your guild master to recruit some healers who actually know how to heal.

Until then, make sure to keep your demo shout up and drink many tasty indestructable potions. (You can have 4 minutes uptime with them if you drink one right before you pull)

Also, improved disciplines, but no last stand??? No excuse for that imho.

Griff

+ Reply to Thread