+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is my Spec/Gear fine the way it is at the moment?

Is my Spec/Gear fine the way it is at the moment?

Hello TankSpot.com Community,

I've changed my spec and gear after getting some tips from my previous thread and now I want to re-evaluate that.

It's already been quite some time since then and I've tried to upgrade my gear as much as possible.

On the way to upgrading my gear I think I focused to much on avoidance, though I'm not really certain maybe I am maybe not , thats why I ask here to see what I should change or just leave it as it is.

Bęcks isn't in a Raid Force or in a Guild, so most of my Gear is from PUGs, thus I don't really have anyone whom I could ask (our Guild is just 4 people) for advice.

Any input is welcome.

I aim for going to 10m/25m Ulduar-Pugs soon'ish.

The World of Warcraft Armory

P.S. I know at the moment I'm not Def-Capped, just replaced a Ring who had +Def yesterday so I need to replace a gem now.
    Last edited by Freeagent; 08-01-2009 at 01:56 AM.

Well the obvious issue is you're below crit cap. You should never rely on a the sigil to get you over 540, what happens if you get silenced like when tanking Anub'Rekan ? Replace that hit gem with a defense gem, and work on your SoH rep for the shoulder enchant and you should be over the line.

Spec looks good other than taking Mobidity over Epidemic, but that's a playstyle choice.

If you put the defense enchant on your cloak instead of 22 agi you should be over capped and be able to replace the def. Sigil with Sigil of Awareness.

Thats why I wrote a "P.S. I know at the moment I'm not Def-Capped, just replaced a Ring who had +Def yesterday so I need to replace a gem now."

as I just got it the night before and didnt want to bother myself to relog for putting it back up -.-

- B U M P -

Any idea's what I could/can improve on my gear to be Ulduar-10/25 ready?

Remove the Defense gems from your gear and put the 16 defense enchant on your cloak for starters. Then you can swap in your choice of hit/expertise/stam gems as you are still lacking in that area. Your Hit rating especially is very low for a tank. Again, you can replace that Defense Sigil with the Sigil of Awareness as well. Its only 25 Valor badges, and it is quite a nice upgrade to your threat as opposed to 10 more defense when you are already capped.

Indeed, should swap the

Resolute Monarch Topaz with a Guardians Twilight Opal

and change

Major Agility on the Cloak to Titanweave

Thanks , didn't see that option * facepalm *

I use the Sigil for +Avoidance , threat isn't an issue at all when single/aoe tanking.

+ Reply to Thread