+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Combat Log and Parses (WWS/WMO/WOL)

Combat Log and Parses (WWS/WMO/WOL)

Folks,

So I recently started doing parses for our guild runs as I needed to analyze some issues I was having with tanking. Since I was thinking of shring the parses with the guild too I wanted to clarify few things.

Questions;

1. I was aware that combatlog has a range and by default its low so you had to use commands to increase it, but someone told me they changed that a while back and now its everything in an instance? Is that true?

2. WWS does not count all the ulduar keepers combat ending as death since you dont actually kill them? Also to me seems it like it stops as soon as you kill steelbreaker? Is it same for everyone else?

3. WWS, WMO or WOL?? I am sure there are multiple views about it, can people elaborate why they use one and not the other?

4. Do I have to type /combatlog once I am out of instance or is it automatically stopped?

Any tips, addons suggestions etc are welcome

my guild uses WWS and WoL. We post both for people to look at.

we stoped using WMO because at one point there malicious coding or something.

as for typing /combatlog.. you dont have to.. just look for the addon Loggerhead and it will automatically log everytime you enter ulduar or whatever you are raiding.

bump anyone?

i use AutoCombatLog - Addons - Curse for my combat logs. i believe it also increases the range to 200 yards, but not sure about that. i know for thorim my combat log is pretty screwy so i have to use another person's combat log for the section i wasn't in for that fight (i'm usually gauntlet so i get an arena log).

autocombatlog will start your log tracking once you zone into an instance/raid and stop when you exit. as for the wws/wmo/wol thing, i use wws and wmo together. wws i think has an easier way of sorting through fights, while wmo keeps them indefinately (if you dont pay for a regular wws account).
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

I thought the combat logging was hard coded by blizzard and that you can't increase its range with an add-on.

Quick and dirty answers:

1. For all intents and purposes, everything will be logged. I don't know the exact range but you only care about boss fights anyway, and people are bunched up enough that it is not a problem.

2. Don't have actual WWS logs of Council (haven't done them in ages) but both WWS and WOL can recognize Keeper "deaths" just fine, at least I haven't noticed any problems with it and I've led my fair amount of Ulduar raids.

3. WMO has a bad rep, it has some wonky programming and the English is far from perfect. WWS used to be the standard but WoL frankly just offers more usability. When I lead raids I upload to both so that people can check and see (I find healing focus and DPS stats easier to use with WWS than WoL, but WoL offers superior log browsing and tank related stuff, plus good DPS/healing analysis tools to boot). Uploading takes five minutes, so you could probably use all three and still be comfortable.

4. The actual functionality of /combatlog is a toggle, so you need to go /combatlog when you are done if you don't want to log random events in Dalaran after the raid. However, as Ture says, basically everyone just uses Loggerhead, it has customizable settings for all instances and raids and is fully automatic.

+ Reply to Thread