+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior Trash Build + glyphs

Warrior Trash Build + glyphs

Can anyone Please submit me a Threat trash build for a warrior, just something to use for trash as well as farm bosses for my offspec, please include the glyphs you would use thank you!

This is my heroic/trash spec. http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LAM00...xzzidIzsGo:dMc
    I feel it's important to note though that any spec can be used, it's just a matter of changing out the glyphs for maximum trashy effectivness.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

So you think that impale would be better over imp cleave with a glyph?

Yes. Imp cleave will do nothing for you when you're tanking the bosses. Trash specs generally double as threat specs, Imp Demo Shout doesn't follow the trend.

Agg's tanking guide

Ill give you my personal experience on aoe spec. I just got imp cleave with major glyph and im holding aggro alot better. I thought no dw/impale would gimp my tps/dps but i am doing pretty good damage. about 3500dps on trash skeles before marowgar. try it out. but I stand behind imp cleave/glyph.

Edit: Thought OP was talking about 5mans (farming bosses?). Apparently he meant raids, so ignore below. Haven't tanked in raid w/ my war yet.

I've been gearing up my new 80 prot war in Heroics the past few days, and find the standard raid build works fine for trash too.

Just make sure you have Tidy Plates: Threat Plates and Omen or Skada threat meter, and be ready to tab among targets when you see a Threat Plate go yellow.

Make full use of Warbringer, esp Intervene, and spam Shockwave, TC, Cleave when they're up. Even at 3.9k gs I've been able to tank just fine for 5-5.7gs dps (though I think the latter may be holding back a little).

I hear you can also sub in some DPS gear for tank gear. Slow dps 1hr, and as much dps gear as you can without dropping below 535 defense. 10k Shockwave crits tend to hold aggro pretty well and make the run go faster.

Good advise but i just dont see picking up DW's and how it can really add that much more threat

Deep wounds is a ~10% increase in TPS as well as a slight DPS increase for 3 talent points. As you intend to use the same spec for farmed bosses, or that's what I gathered from your post, I would suggest a DW build. Improved Cleave will do nothing to increase your performance when it comes to boss tanking.

Agg's tanking guide

Keep a standard 15/5/51 or 15/3/53 spec . Swap gear/glyphs for different situations. Doing this will save you gold, time, and also give MUCH greater results.

If you want numbers, I do anywhere from 5.5-7.5k dps (depending on if I'm solo tanking or not) on marrowgar trash. Why keep 2 prot specs, 1 just for aoe tanking, when you can keep a deep wounds spec to tank everything? (or to tank aoe/farm and use a 5/15/51 spec for progress).
    Last edited by Dragaan; 03-16-2010 at 10:50 PM.

Here's what I use and recommend: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LAM00...idIzsGo:NAccmz

In fact I use it for everything from arena to heroics to ICC 25. But I also run duel prot. When needed I break out my other spec: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LVZGV...idczsGo:Tdromz. That one is great for 10 man ICC and a few fights in ICC 25.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragaan View Post
    Prot arena w/o imp reflect/disarm or safeguard?
    I do it for kicks with a buddy, were not super concerned about rating (yet lol), though were starting to get addicted to min/max'n it since we went 26-16 last night and broke 1100 rating
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

+ Reply to Thread