+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it the Spec Gear or Me?

Is it the Spec Gear or Me?

The World of Warcraft Armory

You all have all be very helpful I have some that like my tanking others do not.

Most groups don't want me because I don't have enough HP.

After gearing for 540 def where is the def plus stam increase gear?

Thanks!

I had a high gear person not agree with the talent build that I got here ( I like it personally but another look can't hurt)

Dont know Pally specs to be able to comment on that...

But you need more gear, and I would hessitate as well with you in a HC... with a good healer your should be OK, but they are not all good...

Your trinkets badly need replacing, event though you are low on hit, using a trinket for it should not be needed and you should never need to use anything with MP5 on it - judge him for mana regen.

Get the crafted ring and necklace, I can see you are enchanting for the defense, but some of those should be replaced ASAP... maybe get he def. trinket from Normal HoL (Cant remember the name), or is it the one dropping in Ahn'kiraj?? - look it up it got a lot of Defense on it.

Otherwise it might be an idea to sneak into some 10 man VoA and Naxx runs as Ret instead of prot and get some gear that way...

Make sure to keep 540 def, then get your expertise to cap (5.5% if I remember correctly), then go for stamina.

You got 2 gathering proffessions, I would suggest changing to something that helps you as tank... enchanting, BS, JC springs to mind.

Good luck

/Wolf :Q

Enchants
    1)Helm-Unenchanted- Arcanum of the Stalwart Protector - Item - World of Warcraft
    2)Meta-Suboptimal- Austere Earthsiege Diamond - Item - World of Warcraft
    3)Shoulder Enchant-Suboptimal- Greater Inscription of the Pinnacle - Item - World of Warcraft or Greater Inscription of the Gladiator - Item - World of Warcraft
    4)Glove Enchant-Suboptimal- Enchant Gloves - Armsman - Spell - World of Warcraft or Enchant Gloves - Precision - Spell - World of Warcraft
    5)Trinkets-Wrong- Essence of Gossamer - Item - World of Warcraft H Azjol'Nerub Seal of the Pantheon - Item - World of Warcraft Halls of Lightning

Helm- +37
    Meta- +32
    Shoulder- +18(30-12 you have)
    Glove- -12
    Trinket +111
    Total +186

186 x 1.08(Sacred Duty) x 1.1(Kings) = 221
    2210 More Health.

Spec-I'm not a pally, but it seems a bit off to me.

As the previous poster said, look into the crafted necklace and ring. Titanium Earthguard Ring - Item - World of Warcraft and Titanium Earthguard Chain - Item - World of Warcraft

Contrary to what the previous poster said, you don't need to worry about expertise as much because you're a pally. I didn't understand that when i first heard it, but after staring at parses of a prot paladin, i do. VERY LITTLE of the damage done by a paladin can be dodged or parried. You'll do better with +hit.

I had a lot less HP then you, after hitting 80 and was forced to tank, because no other tank was 80 then

You shouldnt have problems, but a lot ppl think, 21k hp isnt enought. you block a lot damage, so that helps you a lot. I cant look at your talents, but this should do fine: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft
    Swap you R. Defense-Glyph, after you hit ~3-4% hit.

Try a few jewelcrafter-epics, they are really good. Try to get the gold via daily quests and your to gathering-professions.

After getting the Ring and Amulet, try to get Essence of Gossamer! Change all Enchants above and you should perform well in future
    Sorry if my english is'nt so good, it's not my natural language.

Your spec is pretty solid. And it’s pretty close to what I’ll be using in 3.2 as it has Vindication (Note Vindication has little use right now in PVE situations, and Conviction will probably serve you better until the patch). The one major change I would do is swap out the second point in Spiritual Attunement for the third point in Crusade. While I don’t personally like Divinity, you aren’t taking it and interfering with more important talents, and as your health is a little on the low side, because of where you are in progression, it’s fine.

Glyphs are decent, only changes I would do, are add Sense Undead as a third Minor; and depending on what you are tanking, swap Hammer of Righteous Glyph for Judgment Glyph, though based on your gear, it looks like you are in early Heroics currently so Hammer is fine for those (It’s great for clearing instances/trash).

Your gear is about right for early instances, the biggest changes I would do though, is get the trinket from heroic AN, and normal HoL (Essence of Gossamer and Seal of the Pantheon). Also, start doing Tournament Dailies, it gives you Argent Crusade Rep at the later parts (Which will get you the helm enchant), and Marks to get the tank weapon from marks (Very solid weapon for how easy and reliable it is to get, no RNG, no grinding an instance).

+ Reply to Thread