+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New gear - lower defense?

New gear - lower defense?

Please provide suggestions. I have linked my armory below.

I have the badges to get the T7 Heroes chest piece. However, this will lower my defense by approximately 38 to well below the defense cap. I can redo some gems for defense and maybe re-chant too, but I have been told over and over that my health is too low for tanking anything but 5 man heroics. I have offtanked Naxx10 and some of Ulduar10; however, I dont know how the healers feel about my health. Just seems if I trade up to the T7 chest piece, my stamina will suffer trying to get my defense back up. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

The World of Warcraft Armory

Def rate/ HP

your def rate is fine at 540 and your hp is fine for Naxx 10 and 25 if u keep your avoidance up. you already have Naxx 25 gear, so its apparent youve been there. theres so much gear to help your HP and def rate, just keep gettin those gears, your fine far as i can see in those areas

Thanks for the quick reply. However, my problem comes from wanting to switch my current "blue" chest piece for the T7 Heroes chest piece, which then lowers my defense. which in turn will lower my stamina because I am going to have to regem for defense instead of stamina. I guess I just want someone to say "that's ok,, gem for defense if you have too"

Sorry, just trying to do it right the first time, lol.

If your guild is still doing 10man Naxx, I suggest trying to get the Repelling Charge trinket. It gives you +84 def rating which helps to offset needing to gem for def.

Thanks for your reply. The guild is still running Naxx10 for alts, so I am frequently running. Only seen that drop once and I did not roll against my son's DK (/facepalm); oh, well! I will keep running and see what turns up before I switch to the new chest piece.

Again, Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread