+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting hit hard and dont know why..

Getting hit hard and dont know why..

Today I ran VoA 10 and I was MT'ing it. While on Emalon I was getting hit for consistent 10ks. We had an amazing healer who has single healed that raid. I lasted till about 200k on the boss and died. My healer made the comment "holy shit are you def capped? you take a lot of damage!".

This wouldn't really suprise me, but I've been tanking 25 man VoA with no problems.

In the past week I've been tanking 10 man naxx with no problems except on fairlena (sp?) while she is enraged, and in that instance I got 2 shot.

So here is the link to my Armory. The World of Warcraft Armory

Please critique it so that I can better myself.

Thanks for the advice,
    Hawg

Sounds like a pretty standard hit from emalon, considering you'll have well over 30k health when buffed 10k hits shouldn't be too much for your healers to cope with. Some Ulduar bosses hit far more.

I run about 35k health buffed in 10 man.

So your saying that its not really my gear is the healers that aren't up to par?

Its probably healers who are in naxx mode, as they need to wake up and do some real healing, Tier 8 stuff (including emalon) hits for REAL.

Quote Originally Posted by DwarfWarrior View Post
    I run about 35k health buffed in 10 man.

So your saying that its not really my gear is the healers that aren't up to par?
    Pretty much, your gear is sufficient for emalon.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

Nothing wrong with your gear, its most likely the healer who is slacking on heals

For 10 man your gear is sufficient - but you'll find healers might well be used to healing more geared tanks. As long as you kept debuffs up and didn't eat the Lightning Nova, there's nothing wrong with you
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

In 25 man healers have a little more back up to get the job done. Your gear and spec are fine however, lots of pugs are starting to escalate the tanking requirements to compensate for their own shortcomings. I remember one run where the RL expected the tank to be 40K+ (10 man buffs) and in the deep prot survival build.

Heck, bloody pug Heroic's are requesting 37k HP these days

Doable, but restrictive.

+ Reply to Thread