+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What to GEM and other questions

What to GEM and other questions

I'm confused, I've got two people in the guild critiqing my Gem choices, one stats add as much stam as possible and if you want avoidance go with Dodge +Stam. The other says go agility because of Dodge & crit. I've read that its not optimal for a warrior to gem with Agility. I've read around the forums but not finding the direct answer I need to feel confident in what I need to do. I though I should be working on +Hit and Expertise?

heres my Armory :The World of Warcraft Armory

I recently have been struggling with very low dps, sorry I don't have the numbers to present but I was using the imp demo shout build and then respec to DW build which has brought it up but still seems I'm low on the totem compared to other warrior tanks in the guild and according to imba and wow-heroes I've got a higher gear score...

Lastly there have been times where I've been asked to DPS, so I got a dual spec to fury(I've gotten 2 lvl 200 weapons and some blue gear but it's not much)...would I be better to go with the UA build in my Prot gear? or did it get nerfed.

Survivability: mostly stamina gems, make sure to have at least 1 red (or a purple expertise/stamina) gem for metabonus and ignore socketbonusses unless they're good. (like 9 stamina).

I you're at low expertise (<26) consider using expertise gems. Some hit is also nice.

GRHHHHHHH: Typed the whole thing and browser crashed, meeting soon so doing it shorthand

- Agility gemming is not optimal for warrior, for progression go stam, only gem other if socket bonus is stam.
    - Your expertise is pretty close to softcap 26, but I would try to get the hit upto 200ish (food, pot etc etc)

- UA build wud be bad for DPS and it relies on revenge spam which you can only do if stuff is hitting you, so UA build is pretty much tank DPS build.
    - At lower gear levels Arms is definitely better DPS and has less stat requirement, Go with Poleaxe spec in weapon spec and use an axe or polearm. (for DPS get to hit cap fast, 264)

Sorry I had a long wall-O-text for you but now you just get the juice

Quote Originally Posted by gabbu View Post
    GRHHHHHHH: Typed the whole thing and browser crashed, meeting soon so doing it shorthand

- Agility gemming is not optimal for warrior, for progression go stam, only gem other if socket bonus is stam.
    - Your expertise is pretty close to softcap 26, but I would try to get the hit upto 200ish (food, pot etc etc)

- UA build wud be bad for DPS and it relies on revenge spam which you can only do if stuff is hitting you, so UA build is pretty much tank DPS build.
    - At lower gear levels Arms is definitely better DPS and has less stat requirement, Go with Poleaxe spec in weapon spec and use an axe or polearm. (for DPS get to hit cap fast, 264)

Sorry I had a long wall-O-text for you but now you just get the juice
    Thanks for the Juice

+ Reply to Thread