+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Survivability issues

Survivability issues

Currently I am Rading Uldar 10 for progression just killed mimron the other night, I used to go for SBV and SBR like crazy till i found this wonderfull site. now im trying to go for more mitagation. my Problem is there will be spurts of 10 to 20 seconds where i just get whailed on, at which point we have our druid or dk MT, and my healers can't keep up.

was wondering if you guys see anything wrong with my gear/spec/gems/chant or if i need new healers, as far as side-grading or up grading any normal raid (10 man) and what ever 25 pug i can get into are the options i have and i dont mind grinding out the badges for a piece of gear if i have too.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Thanks.

Overall, not too bad. Couple things you can adjust.

Spec-
    1)Move a point from Shield Spec, to Anticipation. 1% Dodge(damage completely avoided) is better then 1% Block(takes 1.2-1.5k damage off a hit).

2)If you're really having survivability problems, try a 5/15/51 spec. You'll lose some threat, but you'll pick up some talents that will help reduce incoming damage by a significant amount. If you use the Glyph of Shield Wall, and Glyph of Last Stand in this build, it will give you many more CDs of your own to help your healers. Make sure you're putting up Thunderclap, Demo Shout, and Commanding Shout. First two will reduce damage you are taking, and third will increase your health.

Gemming-
    Its OK to not make a socket bonus, so feel free to slap +24 stam gems in every socket you can. The hit and expertise are nice for threat, but a dead tank generates no threat. Also, change your meta gem to +32 STAM/+2% armor. Re-enchant your cloak to defense if you need to make up the difference. I'm not an engineer, but i believe there is a +800 armour to gloves that would be better for survivability then Armsman that you are using now.

Lastly-
    Part of it may very well be your healers. If they are used to healing in Naxx and have never really raided before Naxx at 80, they may be in the wrong mindset. Healing needs to be proactive, not reactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaak View Post
    Spec-
    1)Move a point from Shield Spec, to Anticipation. 1% Dodge(damage completely avoided) is better then 1% Block(takes 1.2-1.5k damage off a hit).
    Can't belive i missed that.

Thanks for the Info, after browsing the forums i came up with a similar idea but wanted to run it by you smart people beforehand

Your situation sounds very similar to me when I started tanking our 10's due to low summer attendance, I have noticed from my experience when my unbuffed health went to 30k, the sudden splat seemed to go away except for places like enrages, unbalancing strikes and stuff.

Anyways I tried the 5/15/51 spec but since I am not always boss tanking the loss of threat was hurting me a bit.

Since you are having lot of survivability issues, 5/15/51 (with glyph of shield wall and last stand) is definitely the way to go if you still dont have threat issues.

What I ended up going with is what you can look in my armory, I went with 15/3/51 with Glyph of Shield Wall and Last Stand. This Gave me a CD to pop every minute so I was freely using cd's everytime I felt I was in danger of dieing instead of trying to save them for OMG moments.

I think the glyphs would definitely be the way to go for you.

Hope this helps

Armory Link: The World of Warcraft Armory

I am currently trying the above spec. Changed my gear appropriatly. The loss of threat is huge in my opinion. And either I'm using the cooldowns wrong or something. But the periods when there no mitigation talents available to me because of cooldowns. you are just way to damn squishy with this. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

As every single warrior seems to be moving from block as quickly as possible. On a realm where the majority of dps has no patience at all and snap agro is needed. This spec suffers. And the mitigation is nice until it goes down. Then it just scares the hell out of me. Simply put if theres a point where you miss mitigation with this build. Your healers will hate you.

+ Reply to Thread