+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ulduar 10 ready?

Ulduar 10 ready?

I was wondering if I was Ulduar 10 ready or not, I think I read somewhere that you need roughly 30k hp unbuffed, 25k armour, but how about avoidance and mitigation?
    Here is my Armory link:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

According to Be Imba I should be fine, but somehow I have my doubts here the link:
    Be Imba! - the online Character Auditor for World of Warcraft

So summarising I have to questions:
    1) Am I ready to OT/MT Ulduar 10 ? (if not what should I improve, 25 man content is difficult for me to make, because we only rarely get enough people together in our guild during the summer time)
    2) What would be the minimum requirements for ulduar tanking both 10 and 25 man?

Thanks in advance for any replies

P.s.: I had bad luck sofar with thadius the trinket never dropped

I don't know much about pallies but from looking at your gear, if I needed an OT for 10 man Ulduar, I'd take you. I'd say you could MT it also if you had experience in Ulduar.

I checked you out on WoW-heroes - which is what my guild and I usually use to check gear for raids and after manually checking and looking at recommended raids on WoW-heroes you look fine.

I think some more gear would help before ulduar. You're dodge is slightly low. I'm personally not a big fan of reaching the Def cap because of the seal trinket. Unfortunately the cloak you have has no DEF rating on it. The ring you get from emblems of valor and a new cloak would probably allow you to get the dodge trinket and replace the seal. Ulduar 10 might be a challenge until you get a few upgrades but there is no harm in trying.

Cool thanks a lot for your answers.

You could probably MT the first four bosses with little problems, but I agree with whats been said, your avoidance is not quite as high as it could be. You will lose some HP in picking this up, but try not to let this concern you too much, you will make it back up with further progression.

If I were you, Id go back to Naxx 10 and pickup Minion Bracers, Thanes Tained Greathelm, Skull of Ruin and Slayer of the Lifeless. Id probably also run with T7 shoulders, as properly gemmed they are vastly superior to the 25 man stuff you currently have equipped.

I'm not a big fan of being defense capped through the use of trinkets or titansteel gear, as you will probably face threat problems in ulduar when your running with high DPS (locks especially) classes. If you can manage it, hold on the the Valor Medal of the First War from Heroic badges for the nice avoidance boost it gives until you can pickup an upgrade in Ulduar.

@Jameak
    I still will be doing NAXX 10 and 25 (if enough people from the guild finally decide to be online) and try to get more gear.
    Concerning the Shield: it dropped Monday but I didn't want to take it because it would be significant loss in defence hence dodge parry and miss compared to a minor increase in block. I also have the one from heroic COS.
    I do have the t7 shoulders in my bank, I switched to these ones because of the added expterise, stamina, and defense (eventhough the loss in dodge is quite high). The helmet swoard and bracers didn't fall yet.
    For the trinket as mentioned before I wanted the trinket from Thaddius, because its a nice one to use when the whole groupe is webbed in Maexxna.

Concerning the threat, I am currently averaging around 5k tps, would you consider this sufficient or would you think that it is to low for Ulduar (I suppose you were specially referring to the Generel fight where de dps get an extry boost)

Thanks a lot for the advice, greatly appretiate it that you haven taken some time for me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying your terrible or that you couldnt do it. I was under the impression you were yet to start Ulduar and were asking what you should do to get ready for it.

When I first started in Ulduar with my guild as MT, I had about 27k hp unbuffed and we smashed up to Ignis pretty quickly with zero 25 man loot. I think if you can get yourself over 30k with buffs you should be fine, as the upgrades you get will keep this rising. I think for a paladin that 23%+ dodge, 18%+ parry and 19%+ block is a decent baseline for avoidance.

The general trend with defense on items is +def begins to drop off as you enter naxx and only begins to pick back up as you get further into Ulduar. My concern is that you will tie all of your defense up into trinkets and your Titansteel pieces, and you may pass on what is technically an upgrade because of the lower defense on the item. Theres a lot to be said for pure +dodge/parry on an item versus getting it through defense. I think passing on the Skull of Ruin is evidence of this, yes you lose defense, but you can afford to and will still remain above the defense cap.

Skull of Ruin is a very good piece for threat and block. Probably the only thing that tops it in 10's is the Barricade of Eternity pre-Ulduar and then Wall of Terror from 25 naxx. Compared to the Titansteel piece you have, you gain more threat and block through the additional strength, as well as alot more EH through the additional stamina.

You could get away with using your shoulders, they arnt that bad if you can make up the avoidance elsewhere. Just remember though, a nice fat stamina gem on the T7 can go a long way. I also tend to favour T7 over T7.5 as T7.5 is laden with block and block value, which is just terrible. Be flexible and selective

Thane’s Tainted Greathelm is mighty hard to replace so pick that up as soon as you can.

The Minion Bracers can be replaced by Flamewatch Armguards from FL in Ulduar 10's pretty easily so dont stress too much there if you arnt having much luck on the drop, as FL doesnt depend so much on how well your geared to tank. It's a piece your guaranteed to get with little trouble.

I dont consider 5k tps too low at this stage, but a well geared lock who knows what they are doing could give you a run for your money in fights with a bit of movement.

So last nght I did get the Skull of Ruin (dropped twice in a row for us).
    On the T7 set bonus I have to agree with you it is quite a waste what they give us paladins.
    We are going back to naxx 10 tonight, Thaddius is on, and then will see which other wing(s).
    Thanks as well for answering my second question, I was really wondering what one could take as the base stats for Ulduar 10 man.

The only real concern I would have taking you with me as OT would be that you have no 2nd specc and propably no off-specc gear

You gear is in better shape than my warrior-twinks gear was on my first attempt (wich ended after the keepers due to time issues).

Thanks its nice to hear that. Btw I got some upgrades in the meantime, the leggs from 25 men Sartha

+ Reply to Thread