+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trying something strange (War LvLing)

Trying something strange (War LvLing)

Dusting off my Warrior alt after 6 months or so I noticed I have a Blinkstrike sitting in my inventory (He's 71). Staring at it's picture for awhile it occurred to me that I would need to level my warrior. So I began poking around for info on leveling warriors. After awhile it seemed I had come across an accepted fact that out of pure contridiction I wanted to challenge. Fury leveling must be 2handed duo wield, fury got along just fine leveling my warrior up with 1handers thank you very much. Next - BC weapons were completly outdated, don't bother. Well letting that stew togeather I suddenly had an idea.

Looking back I used 2 Flurry axes for a looooooong time and Blinkstrike is like Flurry axe, but a sword. So I dove into the Fury tree and did a little research, I can in fact get 5/5 sword mastery, Sweeping strikes, and bloodthirst all if I just didn't tunnel vision to 2h weapons.(The World of Warcraft Armory)

Then add in Lifewarding enchants plus 2 healing trinkets (darkmoon card + mark of conquest) combined with bloodthirst, sweeping strikes, whirlwind, extra attack procs (blinkstrike+5/5 sword mastery) I should (at least in theory) get a build with good uptime.

Now having said this while I'm looking for a 2nd Blinkstrike I wanted to find some professionals to punch holes into my theory so I can patch em before I actually try it. Also if people want data from my attempt I'm willing to provide it when I get rolling exept I have never gathered data before and so could use advice on what addons to search for that purpose. /end rant

Thanks for listening!

A quick look, you can change a few things:

The World of Warcraft Armory

Taste for blood will be largely useless as you'll be in zerker for whirlwind, same for overpower. As you ding up keep filling in improved zerker stance and sword spec (probably sword spec first for more lifeward procs), the final 2 points can go anywhere, although trauma is probably a good one.

Can't see any reason why this build wouldn't work fine for leveling.

Also... um if anyone on Silverhand has a Blinkstrike they are willing to part with I'm in the market lol. >.> <.<

Well first off I will admit I never have been any good at fury but if I remember the numbers I heard correctly going to DW 2handers is like a 10% increase in dps and I know blizzard said they have no intentions to keep DW 1handers viable. Now this may all be very different with leveling and the boe epics but remember those won't hold over forever.

tg > non-tg with 1handers

you get an extra 2hander worth of stats (basically 4 1handers), plenty of 2handers to chose from quest rewards, be able to handle multi-mob pulls better with whirlwind than having to wait over a minute for bladestorm, and other various things.

about your spec, you should build toward the 52/19 tg spec while lvling, as it will give you the most damage. also if you find yourself bored while questing you have a good spec to jump in a group for an instance and do good dps.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Well here's the thing, I remember when I was doing a TG dw spec i had alot of issues with rage generation that I just didn't have with 1hrs. Sure increase in dps with WW is nice but if you don't have the rage to do it the issue is mote, also lifeward procs without an internal cooldown so the quicker and more hits you get the more hp you get back, thus being able to ww constantly and cleave, and sweeping strikes means this build should be perfect for pulling and killing 3-4 mobs at once.

Also the reason I want to use Blinkstrike is because my 2 Flurry axes let me kill things until I replaced them at 63 w/ 2 "Axe of the Legion" (Yes I know, I'll be the first to admit flurry axes' damage at that level was... lacking). Because the Blinkstrikes can proc off themselves, sword mastery, and MAYBE (don't know and if anyone does I'd love to hear it) cleave/ww/bloodthirst/Sweeping Strikes we are talking ALOT of chances to proc self healing and extra damage. To sum it up I think TG is viable end game but leveling? I think it's over played, but my warrior is only 71 so I'll admit I have a good chance of being wrong.

-Greatheart
    Last edited by Greatheart; 07-28-2009 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Grammar

+ Reply to Thread