+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How To handle raids in the summer (25 and 10 man)?

How To handle raids in the summer (25 and 10 man)?

I am trying to get my guild to push through @% ulduar. the problem is i never can get a consistent group, we run 25 mans a tuesday, Wensday and thursday. get throught stuff on farm Tuesday and Wednesday (some weeks just Tueasday( and start on the 2nd half of the keepers for the rest of the time) with summer this has been a huge problem and some days we may have 30 people on but only have 10 peole geared for 25 ulduar.

So my question is should i shorten the time to just 2 days in 25 ulduar which would allow us to get gear for people, and then spend 4 days in 10 mans allowing us to spend time doing hardmodes?

I think this is a very relevant question to a lot of people right now. Especially newer guilds and people who maybe have not been running as long.

I am interested to see what people say and respond to. We were discussing this a little in shoutbox this morning.

I raid lead for a 10man guild and we got to the point where we couldn't even do 10man ulduar without pugs. So i just went into recruitment overdrive. What i found is that there are a fair few players who do want to raid over summer and if you can offer them a guild for that then they'll readily join.

If you have 30 members online but only 10 Ulduar 25 geared what are the rest doing? Might it be worth organising a few Naxx 25 runs to gear the rest of your guild so they can go ulduar 25? Or how about 2 10man Ulduar runs?

Do you really need 4 days in Ulduar 10 for hardmodes? Are we taling progression nights on Freya+3 here or are you yet to attempt any?

The majority of the "easier" hard modes are completely DPS dependant. You either have enough DPS for XT hard, Hodir Hard, Thorim hard etc or you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Winkle View Post
    I raid lead for a 10man guild and we got to the point where we couldn't even do 10man ulduar without pugs. So i just went into recruitment overdrive. What i found is that there are a fair few players who do want to raid over summer and if you can offer them a guild for that then they'll readily join.

If you have 30 members online but only 10 Ulduar 25 geared what are the rest doing? Might it be worth organising a few Naxx 25 runs to gear the rest of your guild so they can go ulduar 25? Or how about 2 10man Ulduar runs?

Do you really need 4 days in Ulduar 10 for hardmodes? Are we taling progression nights on Freya+3 here or are you yet to attempt any?

The majority of the "easier" hard modes are completely DPS dependant. You either have enough DPS for XT hard, Hodir Hard, Thorim hard etc or you don't.
    I actually been doing 25 NAxx... problem there is the other people who aren't gear enough "think" they are since we been draggin some of them through 25 ulduar, so then when i call for 25 Naxx its like an almost instant we only have 7 people online

Also we just started hardmodes this past week due to i never have a steady for sure group on week after week so i have had to reteach fights over and over.. we do 2 have 2 10 man ulduar group i just only lead 1 of them of course

Four nights a week is a lot of raiding for some people and may be hard to allocate the time, plus you risk burnout. Perhaps you want to look at perfecting your techniques on bosses rather than spending such long periods on them. Maybe you run a hardcore guild and they love to raid as much as possible, I'm not sure. For some perspective we're 12/13 hard modes and we only raid two nights a week for 2 1/2 hours each night.

6 days of raiding is a lot. Perhaps you should cut down the total number of days you spend raiding? You might get more people sign on for the 'big' raids then.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

Indeed, cut back and focus on 1 thing at a time. Build up your raid roster again.

+ Reply to Thread