+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Death Knight Tank

I think that about covers it for now. Your spec looks good, and with the few gear changes we've suggested you will probably do just fine for now. Go hit Naxx 10 or some heroics and let us know if/what you feel you are lacking.

U can put any gem in any socket, you might just loose some socket bonuses.

When I started naxx on DK, there was no relic and no Gargolye rune, so all my sockets were stuffed with +16 Defense gems
    I will not run any longer.... I will face my darkness.... I will have my revenge....

Alrighty then, thanks for all the help My first Naxx run on this toon is tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.

Oh I just realized, there is a nice blue weapon from Argent - Revered and I would put +22 defense on your chest and titanweave on cloak too.

Sry to write in bits, im quite busy at work
    I will not run any longer.... I will face my darkness.... I will have my revenge....

Quote Originally Posted by Ragefury View Post
    Oh I just realized, there is a nice blue weapon from Argent - Revered and I would put +22 defense on your chest and titanweave on cloak too.

Sry to write in bits, im quite busy at work
    With my tanking helm, I'm already def capped, so wouldn't I want a stam enchant instead?

Well, there is no stamina enchant on chest, the 22 defense is best u can get. You can free enchants/gems for stamina elsewhere

It doesnt say anywhere you need to stick with 540 defense, its scales very well for DKs and you will see defense dropping alot when you upgrade to epic gear

You can either do what Ragefury said and slap 22 def on chest, and remove a def gem elsewhere if you have it, or put 200 health on chest, or 8 or 10 to stats. Also, Ragefury, you will also find that once you are in Ulduar epics, your def will be over capped again relatively easily Several of my main tanking pieces have no defense on them and I'm still sitting over capped.

He is right though...I remember my first run through Naxx 10, I got like 5 or 6 pieces of tanking gear, and putting them all on, all gemmed and enchanted and everything, dropped me below cap. I ended up using the defense Sigil for a little while there until I got a few more high def pieces to even it out.

One other enchant to consider is Tuskarr's Vitality for your boots. I have found the 7 stam to be negligible while the speed increase is EXTREMELY important for tanking, imo. That extra 1/4 of a second to get just the yard closer you need to be to that mob to death grip him before he waxes your healer can save your ass time and time again.
    Last edited by Zivh; 07-27-2009 at 05:19 AM.

I personally use the defense sigil for the tiny bit of extra pure avoidance (miss,parry, dodge) that it gives you even over the hit cap.

That is of course assuming that you are fine on tps, as the valor emblem sigil is quite good for that.

Something to keep in mind for progression content/harder naxx fights if you are undergeared.
    I was the lonely voice on my server who simply wanted to know: When Michael Jackson died....did he drop any good loot?

You're still wearing the starting-gear trinkets, you need to replace those asap. Run heroic Azjol-Nerub until Essence of Gossamer drops. By that time you should have enough tokens to buy Valor Medal of the First War.

You are wearing greens, not to be flippant but there's not a chance I'd go to Naxx with a tank in greens. You need to put in the effort for gear, otherwise how are people going to trust you to tank?

Buy yourself a Signet of the Accord from the AH, it shouldn't be too expensive anymore.

As said, the Titansteel Destroyer is an amazing weapon ad well-worth the investment, it will increase your threat substantially. You don't need to buy one outright though, just farm up the mats and have someone make it. Much cheaper.

Enchant all your gear, every little bit helps. I notice your cloak is missing an enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Zivh View Post
    Also, Ragefury, you will also find that once you are in Ulduar epics, your def will be over capped again relatively easily Several of my main tanking pieces have no defense on them and I'm still sitting over capped.
    I dont play this alt anymore mate, I healed my way tru Ulda. Right now im having fun tanking with paladin alt, its so ezmode compared to DK tanking, but hell.. offtopic

+ Reply to Thread