+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flame Lev - when to start launching mechanics?

Flame Lev - when to start launching mechanics?

I've read bosskillers and watched tankspot's video guides, but I'm still not entirely clear when you know to start launching dps from Demolishers to start Circuit Overload. As soon as the fight begins, or is there some event that FL does that we need to watch for? Thanks!

3+ towers you launch people up.
    Launch ASAP once the fight starts.
    Launch ASAP once he is back online.
    Lather, Rinse, Repeat, Collect free epics.

As long as Flame Levithan isn't pursuing a Demolisher. Demolishers should be launching their passengers to burn the turrets down. If you aren't doing any towers up, can't really tell by the OP. You could also use the Pyrite method. This involves the Demolishers stacking Pyrite on FL and the passengers consistently shooting the Pyrite down and refilling the ammunition supply. I have not done FL with any towers up yet, but for doing easy mode FL. Burning him down with Pyrite has been the easiest and fastest that I have noticed.

thx tuff.

Taz, didn't know you can do him without launching anyone onto him. Just starting naxx10 easy mode, is pyrite stacking quicker and easier than repeatedly circuit overloading him?

Try it like this:

Separate your DPS to be launched into two groups. (Two demo's and two people to be launched per group)

Launch Group A right off the bat, have them call out when the 2nd turret is at 50-70%, at which point the two Demolishers who launched them up should begin stacking pyrite, that way there are 10 stacks by the time he starts Overload.

The other two demolishers should be picking up pyrite during this time to ensure they are ready for their turn.

Launch Group B after FL leaves Overload, have them call out turrets at 50-70%, and have Group B's demo's start stacking pyrite, while Group A is picking up pyrite for their next round.

Rinse, Repeat if necessary. The goal is always to have 10 stacks of pyrite on FL by the time he enters Overload, that way he is ticking for MAX damage for the entire time he is disabled. We have taken out 3 towers this way pretty easily, in about 2 Overloads.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
    thx tuff.

Taz, didn't know you can do him without launching anyone onto him. Just starting naxx10 easy mode, is pyrite stacking quicker and easier than repeatedly circuit overloading him?
    Launching players is not required by any means, but it does help in disabling Leviathan for a short time. Pyrite stacking constantly, you are looking at about a 2 minute or less fight. Generally all the fights that I have been in that launched players typically lasted longer.

I like to think I/we represent a fairly ordinary guild. We've consistently downed FL and FL+1 tenman without much trouble, but we've only recently gotten the +2 achievement (after doing a few tries each lockout and then killing another tower so we could progress further, so nothing really organized that we've been going for).

The way we did it was have one demo on constant pyrite duty, and the second demo on launching duty. The person being launched would go up straight away and his/her driver would stack pyrite slowly (once every eight seconds or so) to hopefully time it with the overload and not run out before the flier is down again. Once the flier is down, he/she gets picked up and taken to his/her demo. They then proceed to fill up on pyrite, once this is done, flier goes up again. Rinse and repeat. The constant tenstack combined with the extra tenstack during overloads take a fair amount of health off and me (often being the flier) would be up working on the third overload when he goes down.

I reckon launching two people will just speed up the cycle and have him stunned pretty damn often for more control, but the basic idea remains the same: have big stacks during overloads. Applying this tactic on lower than 2 towers works well too, but we usually just zerg pyrite stacks in those cases.
    Last edited by Vorla; 07-27-2009 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Clarification

No Towers = no need to launch people, just burn it down with pyrite.
    1 Tower = same as above.
    2 Towers = same as above.

3 Towers = Our 10s has been farming this one. You pretty much put 3 people in the demos (to do this, put one person in the launch position before pull, so another person can be in the passanger slot) and shoot down a lot of pyrite before the pull. Right when the fight begins, you launch the two players ASAP to burn the turrets. Once the turrets are destroyed, they are to go into one of the siege for gunning duties. Demos will need to stack pyrite to 10 and keep it up the entire fight. Only 1 launch is needed for us.

4 Towers = haven't done it yet.

+ Reply to Thread