+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ulduar Algalon (10-Man)

Another cooldown that can be used to survive Big Bang is a paladin's Ardent Defender. It's important that since it is passive, you should have a mod of some sort announcing if it gets used so that you KNOW it is up when Big Bang comes - ie, healers fail and you die, triggering the spell. This, like GS, can be counted on to proc 100% of the time and lets you save all your normal tanking cooldowns for the actual fight.

you were not prepared!

There is little info outside of this and another guide we found on youtube, so I'd like to show my guilds first attempt on 10man algalon.

YouTube - Ragnarok's First Attempt on Algalon

Worked it out, he did 88k damage in 5 seconds... don't say you weren't warned.

Heey. Just did this for the first time with my guild, and as a prot pala tank you can Also survive the Big Bangs with Ardent Defender. though ofc, that requires you not to "die" when tanking Algalon himself before that happends

<quote to above deleted message>

Can someone ban this guy please =x
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 11-11-2009 at 10:02 AM.

Quoting, a post so that you're doubling his essential post is a dumb move. Just report it and move on.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

HELP Rofl

Need to ask, We tried it for the first time this week, Now i am a War Tank in almost full tier 9.25 gear 40k hp unbuffed (50k) buffed, He was hitting like a truck, is it worth while to go back to the tier 8 with block on the gear, to help mitigate the damage.
    Our second Tank was a DK which i also hear is bad for the fight.
    First time not to bad, getting used to the mechanics of the fight but we only got him down to 70%, Tanks were to squishy healers could not keep up.

Myself and another DK tanked this fight down it just is an adjustment for your healers, they need to spam a LOT of heals on you, having more HP will be best, having block won't help as much since he's hitting so hard, blocking won't even remotely help compared to being able to just soak the damage and survive the fight. DK's are fine on this as well.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Sorry very late replay but ty very much, we will try change up the healer so suit the fight.

+ Reply to Thread