+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Have we seen it all for the PTR?

Quote Originally Posted by Fallie
    You missed that Shield Block bonus block value will be added to your Shield Slam. The threat is doubled, however
    This was the first change on PTR to Shield Slam. I believe it is no longer that way. Shield Slam now has diminishing returns for scaling with Block Value; Shield Block will still boost Shield Slam damage, but only until you hit the scaling cap. I think Shield Block no longer doubles Shield Slam threat. At least this is what the notes lead me to believe since Shield Slam scaling was made to diminish and cap out. I may be wrong, but I doubt that Blizzard would allow Shield Block to continue to have the potential to raise Shield Slam damage and give it double threat.

Formula for when Shield Slam diminishing returns kick in, and contribution from Block Value to Shield Slam damage ceases, is as follows:

Quote Originally Posted by 3.2 Notes
    The benefit from additional block value this ability gains is now subject to diminishing returns. Diminishing returns occur once block value exceeds 30 times the player’s level and caps the maximum damage benefit from shield block value at 34.5 times the player’s level.

So has someone with much better knowledge than me figured out the absolute max damage Shield Slam will do with different circumstances in place?

Abilities that increase flat out damage etc

Quote Originally Posted by Vorps View Post
    This was the first change on PTR to Shield Slam. I believe it is no longer that way. Shield Slam now has diminishing returns for scaling with Block Value; Shield Block will still boost Shield Slam damage, but only until you hit the scaling cap. I think Shield Block no longer doubles Shield Slam threat. At least this is what the notes lead me to believe since Shield Slam scaling was made to diminish and cap out. I may be wrong, but I doubt that Blizzard would allow Shield Block to continue to have the potential to raise Shield Slam damage and give it double threat.

Formula for when Shield Slam diminishing returns kick in, and contribution from Block Value to Shield Slam damage ceases, is as follows:
    Good, so I didn't miss some huge revelation.
    "A man can learn twice as much from milking a cat as two men can from a very tall fourth man.
    - Mark "Alec Baldwin" Twain

+ Reply to Thread