+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Have we seen it all for the PTR?

Have we seen it all for the PTR?

Have we seen all the changes for warriors on the PTR? Seems like the PTR builds are getting more and more minor a good indication that things are winding down in the testing department.

As a recap:

1) SBV on gear, not shields, doubled.

2) Shield Slam damage scaling from SBV on diminishing returns.

3) Devastate got a very nice boost!!

4) Range on Commanding and Battle Shouts increased to 30 yards.

5) Rage on Avoidance!!

6) Execute will not consume more than 30 rage.

7) Blood Rage provides twice the rage.

8) Armored to the Teeth Armor -> AP increased.

Did I miss any thing?

Really, can't complain too much.

Though I would have loved to see Shield Wall and Last Stand and their glyphs (read removal) brought into parity with the other tanks, and AE tanking along with Heroic strike spam addressed. I'm still hopeful for 3.3.

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by Arikak; 07-27-2009 at 05:47 PM.
    "A man can learn twice as much from milking a cat as two men can from a very tall fourth man.
    - Mark "Alec Baldwin" Twain

Not impressed at all.

The only thing good about it is wearing 2pc t7 + 2pc t8 and enough ulduar block gear(passive 2840) + pvp gear and bashing bad people in bgs.

A paladin in t7 would probably be better than a t9 warrior as main tank.
    Last edited by gacktt; 07-25-2009 at 03:45 AM.

Not at all. Warrior changes are good, i like them.

Paladin in t7? Dont make me laugh. If you like paladins that much, just reroll, kk? Im sure, everyone here damn tired of warrior whiners. We are excellent tanks. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by braggha View Post
    im sure, everyone here damn tired of warrior whiners. We are excellent tanks. Period.
    qftmft

I think it's unlikely that we've seen it all, given that:
    We’re going to try and have Test Patchwerks (Tank and DPS versions) available in the Argent Coliseum for testing. Instead of the previous tank test patchwerk that increased melee damage over time, the 3.2 tank test patchwerk will just hit VERY hard (as hard as Algalon) all the time to allow for more lengthy sustained tank parses. We're always interested in seeing combat logs and parses for all raid testing on the PTR, but especially test patchwerk logs. These are extremely helpful to our class team.
    (source)

I would not be surprised to see further tweaking following these tests. However I would expect them to be tweaks rather than radical changes at this point in time.

I'm really hoping that they drop One-Handed Specialization down to three ranks, like they did with the Paladin version. Prot warriors are currently SOOO bogged down in talent points, I'm not even sure if I'll be able to work Deep Wounds into my 3.2 build effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Odwome View Post
    I'm really hoping that they drop One-Handed Specialization down to three ranks, like they did with the Paladin version. Prot warriors are currently SOOO bogged down in talent points, I'm not even sure if I'll be able to work Deep Wounds into my 3.2 build effectively.
    I hear ya. I would love to see Imp. Disciplines rolled into Vitality like the Paladins. With each point dropping a minute off of Shield Wall. Eliminate bloat, free up a couple talent points for Cruelty or Imp. Demo.
    "A man can learn twice as much from milking a cat as two men can from a very tall fourth man.

Imagine if we could get Piercing Howl and keep impale...that would be hot

Quote Originally Posted by Brucimus View Post
    Imagine if we could get Piercing Howl and keep impale...that would be hot
    Yes but as far as I understand it they want a certain "coercion" for each offspec in the idea case, and Piercing Howl vs Impale is a pretty good one. Each has solid strengths, each has a noticeable loss from not having the other.
    SQUEAK.
    -- (The Death of Rats, Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)

Quote Originally Posted by gacktt View Post
    Not impressed at all.
    I agree with this. Been playing my Warrior on the PTR and nothing has changed, it still feels exactly like Live as far as tanking raid bosses goes.

I use roughly the same buttons to do exactly the same things in the same way I did them before. I am sure I am doing them slightly better, but not enough to go "oh wow this is nice!"..

Perception > numbers, and the perception is the same.

I sincerely hope we haven't seen it all yet.

They could take away every change here and I would not notice a difference at all.

I'm pretty happy with the changes so far. An attempted change to the Heroic Strike spamming would be my only real priority now.

You missed that Shield Block bonus block value will be added to your Shield Slam. The threat is doubled, however

Quote Originally Posted by mvrander View Post
    I'm pretty happy with the changes so far. An attempted change to the Heroic Strike spamming would be my only real priority now.
    Personally, I think one way to address the Heroic Strike spam would be to move towards slow tanking weapons. Remove the baked in threat from HS, and increase the damage and threat of other abilities to compensate. Slower weapons would mean less spam, and it would also address rage starvation to a degree, as with a slower swing timer we couldn't burn through the rage as fast.

The general concensus seems to be to have an on/off switch for HS or have a system where it uses more rage and does more damage, like Execute.

Personally I'd like to see it replaced with a heroic devestate or something which is just a bigger version of devestate but I can see that there would be spike problems in pvp so it won't happen.

Maybe replace HS with some form of enrage which grants +20% damage/threat for 10 seconds or something and move away from the current HS Altogether.

Plenty of things that could be tried, anything would be better than the current system.

Editting my own post since thinking about it.

How about an enrage or heroic stance modifier or some name like that which would increases all damage of special attacks by x% and also increases rage cost by y%. Short of storing rage up for a burst damage in pvp I can't see much of a drawback. Would work a bit like shadow form for priests I guess with no cooldowns though.
    Last edited by mvrander; 07-27-2009 at 07:23 AM.

I'd just rather we saw rage over 100 converted into damage or threat automatically some how.

not enough that sitting at 100 rage would enable you to do sufficient damage/threat to hold agro though, but enough so that we didnt feel the need to spam HS to make use of what is otherwise going to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by mvrander View Post
    The general concensus seems to be to have an on/off switch for HS or have a system where it uses more rage and does more damage, like Execute.
    I know the Heroic strike as Execute idea has been tossed around for a while but I just made some connections in my head.

On the PTR: Execute will not consume more than 30 rage.

Now what if: Execute now usable in defensive stance. O.o

Think on that. Maybe we'll see that and the execute change will have more meaning than just a decrease in PvP burst? Far fetched but an interesting idea.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Arikak; 07-27-2009 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallie View Post
    You missed that Shield Block bonus block value will be added to your Shield Slam. The threat is doubled, however
    Interesting I missed this change can you point me to the source. Want to read up on it myself.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Arikak View Post
    Interesting I missed this change can you point me to the source. Want to read up on it myself.

Thanks!
    Don't add that to your list, it was removed quite a while ago, before they announced the DRs on Shield Slam.

+ Reply to Thread