+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where from here

Where from here

1st I just want to say this site rocks!
    I have been tanking/healing since Wrath came out. My tank set has always been 2nd to my holy set. I am wanting to change that! I can easily tank naxx10/25 with no issues. I have tanked a few bosses in ulduar 10 but never 25. My holy gear(and skill) is good enough for both 10 and 25 ulduar.

I was just wondering if anyone could just give me some easy upgrade items. Also my enchants/gems.

Thanks in advance

here is my armory link

Individual Gear discussion belongs in the Armory forum. Please read the rules.

Moved.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

In general, you are on the right track, so nothing major.

General notes

-Never gem for parry (opinioin may be changed in 3.2, we shall see)
    -Never gem for str unless you have threat issues, and even then look at other stats (i.e. Hit and expertise in your case)
    -Remember Caps (540 for defense, soft caps of 26 expertise and 263 hit rating). If you need to prioritize, 540 defense first (and always), then consider that paladins value +hit more than +expertise. Also, Nax gear has lots of expertise, Ulduar gear has lots of hit.
    -On tank gear, if the socket bonus is stamina, it *is* worth going for it. If the bonus is say.. Block rating... you could be forgiven for skipping it. You have skipped every stamina socket bonus, and the one non-stamina bonus, you did hit.

Other notes
    -Avoid block stats for now. Switch meta gem to 32 stam/2% armor rating for general utility.
    -You are better off with a threat stat on gloves, either armsman or 20 hit rating.
    -Level your JC, the gems and the trinkets are worth it
    -Consider accuracy enchant on your sword, its a bit better than a chain.
    -I'm guessing RNG is screwing you over for a ring, H Gundrak has a nice epic ring which you can try for in between raids.
    -For spec, moving 5 points from Seal of the Pure to Conviction in Ret tree is better bang for buck.
    -Moo!

1st off.. thanks for moving this to the correct section, and sorry bout that.
    2nd, thank you for the suggestions.

So you think that I should change my gems from the 24 stam ones to the ones that have 12 stam and another bonus? One thing I currently get ragged on about is having low HP, hence me stacking 24 stam gems. I currently have a few different tanking sets, one is a HP set which boosts me to 30k hp unbuffed and 543 def but my avoidance suffers. Most of the time I log out in my EH/AV combo set. I have a pure avoidance set as well as a block set(in hopes and for heroics) and a frost resist set. All of which keep me above the 540 def minimum, some just barely.

I dont plan on respeccing until we get our points back in 3.2

Thanks again for the comments and not hating on me too much

That is one of the reasons I love this site so much... no one gets too negative against other people's comments.

Quote Originally Posted by doomwarder View Post
    So you think that I should change my gems from the 24 stam ones to the ones that have 12 stam and another bonus? One thing I currently get ragged on about is having low HP, hence me stacking 24 stam gems. I currently have a few different tanking sets, one is a HP set which boosts me to 30k hp unbuffed and 543 def but my avoidance suffers. Most of the time I log out in my EH/AV combo set. I have a pure avoidance set as well as a block set(in hopes and for heroics) and a frost resist set. All of which keep me above the 540 def minimum, some just barely.
    There are two phases to winning the tank slot: Being picked, and being the returning tank.

If you stack stam and have no avoidance, you will look great, but as you correctly guessed, your avoidance suffers, they think you suck, and you won't return.

If you have great avoidance, you will be picked again and again, but you may not get into the door in the first place.

For me, I am in the same boat on my paladin, I have about 28.5k unbuffed in avoidance and 30k in stam gear. For most people, you want to aim for 30k unbuffed WITH good avoidance.

With regards to hitting the stamina bonuses, it's the way to get the best of both worlds, quietly. Sure you lose max stamina but overall you are the better tank because you get the max potential of your gear because you hit stamina bonuses AND get more avoidance. If you are getting down on low HP, you can do what alot of tanks do (unethically, but it works). Stay in your Stam gear for PuG selection, and then when you get raid buffs, quietly switch to your avoidance gear using equip manager to make it quick. The only thing NOT to do is to use Frost Resist crafted plate gear for this, people tend to notice that as blatant cheating. After a few runs, people will stop asking for your HP and you become a fixture, because your ability to tank with little healing will become accepted as fact, and likely you will gain enough gear upgrades along the way that it will become part of your regular stats anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by doomwarder View Post
    Thanks again for the comments and not hating on me too much

That is one of the reasons I love this site so much... no one gets too negative against other people's comments.
    WTF NOOB, GTFO AND LRN2PLAY! .. *hack, hack, cough, cough, wheeze*

Sorry 'bout that. I thought you felt the post might have felt incomplete and alien. That better?

+ Reply to Thread