+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hodir!

Hodir!

Anyone have any suggestions for MTing Hodir? I'm good on the mitigation [mostly, I failed last week due to ID10T error], but my threat is almost invariably in the toilet.

Generally I wear my standard tank gear, swapping chest/waist/boots for polar. Problem is, chest/waist/boots have 80% of my hit in my standard set - I drop down to around 40 hit rating. I swapped some other [mitigation-inferior] tank gear in this last week to bring my hit back up to 130 or so, but it didn't seem to help much.

Should I throw in some DPS gear that has hit? I don't have a ton of it - my DPS and tank gear sets are still pretty similar overall - but there is some. Or should I just tell the warrior/cats in the group to hold off and the hunters/rogues to MD/TTT me more often?

Well its Hodir, there is a ton going on and so many ways DPS get buffs to increase DPS. Threat is a bit of an issue for ever tank. We recently did hard mode and had to have a rogue do tricks every time it was up, I had to taunt and we had to salv the mage and shammy when CD was done.
    You didn't mention if it was 10 or 25 but in 10 FR gear isn't as important. You can get some hit rating food for that fight and open with your highest threat moves Tricks and MD are very key as is throwing taunt in to your rotation. Also if you have a pally have them ready salv for your highest threat generator.
    Not seeing your gear, this is the best advice I can offer.

+ Reply to Thread