+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Short on expertise - mid level Naxx 10 gear

Short on expertise - mid level Naxx 10 gear

Armory

I am looking for a way to adjust my gearing to improve my expertise while still maintaining a respectable amount of effective health and avoidance. I don't have any problems tanking heroics/naxx 10, but I am interested in increasing my TPS/DPS and I am noticing from combat logs that eliminating dodge would be a great way to start. I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Cheers.

You have more than enough hit - you can easily afford to drop some in favor of expertise. A few ideas:
    - Start running 25-man instances for badges and get the tanking ring.
    - Run Magister's Terrace heroic with a friend (I do so almost daily with a priest, trying to get phoenix pet and hawkstrider mount) and hope for the expertise trinket to drop
    - Change your glove enchant to expertise
    - Try to find a group for Ulduar-10. Council, Auriaya + Freya drop tanking gear with high expertise

You can drop the +hit enchant on your gloves and get the expertise one as you are over the hit cap.

You can try running some Sarth10 and try your luck getting a Signet of the Accord to replace your Keystone ring, or you can try buying it as it is BoE.

You can also replace some of your dodge/stam gems for expertise/stam, you have a good amount of avoidance for instances at your gear level so it should not be a problem.

Thank you both very much. These are precisely the types of suggestions I was seeking. Much obliged.

I'll swap the mentioned gems and enchant, and hope for some good luck with Sarth 10 and Heroic MT. I don't think I'm near ready for Ulduar, but this will definitely help in the process.
    Last edited by Grunewald; 07-24-2009 at 08:40 AM.

+ Reply to Thread