+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shaman PvP

Shaman PvP

Hi,

There is so much I don't know I'm not sure where to begin...

I am interested in going pvp with my shaman and was looking up various specs and which talents I should take and which I could do without. From my current understanding Enh is high burst dps and low survivability while Ele is moderate dps with decent survivabitilty and of course resto being limited dps but high survivability. I am partnering up with a discipline priest for some 2v2 and I'm really leaning toward an Ele pvp spec.

From all the websites I've visited they are either outdated or have a vast array of talents you should and shouldn't go into. With this in mind I thought it best to come to TS for some answers.

I guess any information at all would be great...I really don't know anything . But some sort of talent build would be nice along with maybe a few of the talents I can play around with. And even maybe some pieces of gear that would be good to look at.

I apologize in advance for not coming to the table with more but there are so many differing views on what is good and what isn't I figured I best come to a reputable place to sort out my questions.

Any and all information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time! =)

For talent builds, gem, enchants and spec: Checkout SK Gaming. Here you can browse top rated arena teams and make your own assumptions.

Been facing a lot of Elemental shamans, in bgs mainly. Their damage seems to be at its highest point imo, last night was taking crits of between 7K - 10K with full pvp gear on. Altho i suspect the little bastid has his Ulduar 25man kit on. I find if i dont outburst or interrupt them. Its game over. As a warrior Enhancement isnt much of a problem to kill.
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

From my rogue's POV:
    Resto: meh, kinda annoying
    Ele: sort of easy
    Enh: sort of easy

From my mage's POV:
    Resto: again annoying but more downable
    Ele: Highly annoying with your 8-10k Lava Bursts and 1.5s cast time 4-5k Lighting Bolts
    Enh: super easy

Also Ele is fun for EotS and Arathi Basin when thunderstorming people of the ledge

Well, since you're running with a disci priest.. that basically rules out resto...

Elemental would probably be your best bet. Enhancement is ok, but meh.. it really only works in twos with double burst team.. which you dont really have as disci priest/shaman. You might be able to do enhancement/shadow priest, but i dont know how well that would fair. Elemental is probably your best bet.
    [2-07-08 08:57 AM] Enelrad: hahaha, that and you're ugly! Ugly tanks tank better
    [3-19-08 02:23 PM] Enelrad: Im really a 12 yr old boy from GA
    Notice: You are currently banned from the shoutbox.

FYI - All 3 specs will be stronger when 3.2 hits. I think shaman in general are a little weak right now. It is much too soon to say but I think it's entirely possible that one or more spec could be the FOTM in 3.2.

Plus - 3v3 and 5v5 will be played more next season because you won't be able to get a title, weapon, or shoulders from 2v2 and shaman have the best group buffs.

Shamans
    • A customizable totem bar will now be available for shamans allowing the storing of 4 different totems. These totems can be placed on the ground at once in one global cooldown for the combined mana cost of all 4 totems. The naming scheme of the spells to summon the different totem sets has been changed to make it less confusing for players:
      • Call of Fire (Totem Bar 1, the first one gained at level 30) is now named Call of the Elements.
      • Call of Water (Totem Bar 2) is now named Call of the Ancestors.
      • Call of Fire (Totem Bar 3) is now named Call of the Spirits.
      • Call of Earth (the spell to recall all summoned totems) is now named Totemic Recall.
    • All Shocks now have a default range of 25 yards, up from 20 yards.
    • Base health increased by approximately 7% to correct for shamans having lower health than other classes.
    • Chain Heal: Jump distance increased by 25% to 12.5 yards. In addition, the amount of healing now decreases by 40% as it jumps to each new target, instead of 50%.
    • Earth Shock: Redesigned. This spell no longer interrupts spell casting, but rather reduces melee attack speed by 10% for 8 seconds (exclusive with similar effects such as Thunder Clap).
    • Ghost Wolf: Can now be learned at level 16. While in this form, snaring effects may not bring the shaman below base normal run speed.
    • Wind Shock: Has been renamed Wind Shear and no longer shares a cooldown with Flame, Frost or Earth Shock.
    • Talents
      • Enhancement
        • Maelstrom Weapon: Now also has a chance to reduce the cast time of Hex.
        • Shamanistic Rage: Cooldown is now 1 minute, down from 2 minutes. Successful melee attacks now have a chance to generate mana equal to 15% of the shaman's attack power, down from 30%.
      • Restoration
        • Ancestral Healing: The buff from this ability now reduces the physical damage taken by the target by 3/7/10% instead of increasing the target's armor.
        • Cure Poison and Cure Disease: Combined into a single spell, Cure Toxins.
        • Earth Shield: Dispel effects will now remove charges of Earth Shield rather than the entire aura.
        • Healing Way: Redesigned. Rather than providing a chance of increasing Healing Wave spells on a friendly target, this talent now innately increases the effectiveness of the shaman's Healing Wave by 8/16/25%.
        • Mana Tide Totem: Totem health now equal to 10% of the shaman's health.
        • Nature's Guardian: Redesigned. Now has a fixed 100% proc rate, has a 30-second internal cooldown and increases the shaman's maximum health by 3/6/9/12/15% for 10 seconds.
        • Nature's Swiftness: Cooldown is now 2 minutes, down from 3 minutes.
        • Tidal Waves: No longer reduces the cast time of Lesser Healing Wave by 30%. It instead now provides +25% critical strike chance to Lesser Healing Wave, along with the previous 30% cast time benefit to Healing Wave.
        • Improved Water Shield: This talent now has a 10/20/30% chance to be triggered by Chain Heal, and the charges of Water Shield are no longer consumed by this talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarock View Post
    FYI - All 3 specs will be stronger when 3.2 hits. I think shaman in general are a little weak right now.
    Hmmm this could be quite scary

Chain lightning hitting for 5K a shot, then 8-12K bursts on full pvp geared warrior at the moment, they are weak?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaumu View Post
    full pvp geared warrior at the moment, they are weak
    Fixed.

Of course if you leave an ele shaman alone you lose. They've been called glass cannons or turrets for a reason

To the full furious warriors being weak comment - depends on your viewpoint. I think most warlocks, shamans, and priests would disagree If you're not good or lucky enough to juke the UA it's not even a fair fight.

My main is a half PVP geared, LVL 80, Enhance Shammy. I get messed up bad in PVP. It seems to me the Elemental Shaman have an easier time holding their own. I just wonder if I erred when making this toon. I find my 41 Prot Warrior geared with heroic items so much more fun to play. I think if I could do it all over I'd roll a Resto Shamman seeing as that's what everyone thinks Shammys are supposed to do.

My wording was taken out of context by Magnuss, I'm not saying wars are weak i was saying elemental shamans are powerful.

Well from all the posts and all the research I did with the information and websites you've given me I have found exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks again for your input and helping me out. =)

+ Reply to Thread