+ Reply to Thread

Thread: squishy warrior

squishy warrior

I have recently joined a good raiding guild as there sole warrior tank, however i find i'm squishier than the DKs amd paladin they usually tank with. I think its mainly due to my lack of using of cool downs pro-actively; I generally use them if i see a big attack incoming (tantrums etc) or if my healers are feared for a few secs on auriaya, and as general panic buttons, how should i be using them to make them more effective?

my armoury

You have way too much block, not enough HP.
    Your ad could be here.

Ah logged out in my block set, hopefully the armoury has updated itself with my not block set now.

Looking at it either most likely scenario is they are simply better geared tbh, you have some decent bits but room for improvement.
    If you are really worried about your 'squishiness' you could maybe regem for more avoidance, depends on how your threat is really.

Hmm I was looking for something a little more clear, i.e. "Whats with all this X?! why aren't you doing Y?!" something tangible i'm doing wrong that i can fix.

Threat can be an issue for me, thus the high amounts of hit and moderate expertise; I find i rage starve very often when tanking non-boss trash, on something like patchwek i'm pulling about 8ktps (vigilance is fun), but AoE tears me apart as i rarely get enough rage/mobs to reach the happy place of 100% cleavage.

So what next should i be looking to improve?

If you are genuinly interested in beeing less squishy you could try to loose those threatgems and glyphs and get new gauntlets. If you really feel the urge you coul even spec into improved Demoshout since it is _that_ good.
    Also I highly recomend speccing into improved Disciplines and getting the shield wall glyph. A combination of 3 minute Last Stand + Enraged Regeneration, 2 minute Shield Wall and 40 second Shield Block available at nearly ever pull make quite a difference concerning survivabilty.
    That all comes at the cost of threat of course, but with the right focus you should be doing fine in a singletargetsituation at least.

So almost exactly like my Off-spec right?

how low on the hit rating can i go and still remain viable?

Assuming your dps is putting up hit debuffs on the boss I think you can lose a bit of hit rating. You might want to check on that, but I think for bosses you'd be fine with less hit. Otherwise I'd say you might be able to pop your CDs more proactively and leave it up to your healers to pop their CDs on boss rages or something. They should be popping them anyway, after all .

+ Reply to Thread