+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to Calculate Passive ArP?

How to Calculate Passive ArP?

Being a Prot warrior I have no problem saying that I am poorly informed in a lot of things regarding DPS. With that said I have a decent off-spec DPS set and I want to keep on top of my passive ArP so I know when it would be viable to switch to gemming for ArP (30% passive from gear not counting arms stance, sunders, etc).

The World of Warcraft Armory

Wow armory is retarded and does not tell me anything. In-game if I mouse over my hit it gives me a number but I do not see any differences when I switch stances or spec so does that include 10% from battle stance? What is the correct way to know what amount of passive ArP you have?

I am sure it is posted somewhere but I am leaving work soon and don't have a chance to look it up, how much ArP = 1%?

Thanks for the help, I believe I logged out in my off-spec DPS gear so take a look and let me know what you think

EDIT: Lol I think my armory shows me in DPS gear but Prot spec so ignore my crit %

12.31 ArP rating = 1%

hit rating highlight is base ArP without stance.

so if it says 30% you have 30% from gear/gems (this is the passive people talk about).

you add 10% on top of that to get your overall.

sunder armor reduces the base armor that you take from (think of it multiplicatively).

So 10k armor sundered = 8k armor * .6 (assuming 40% arp) = 4800 Armor left.

Boss Armor * (1-debuff effects) * (1 - Personal ArP effects including stance, mace spec, gear) = Boss Armor post Armor Reduction effects.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Simple ArPen calculator

Put in your mouseover % in where it says "ArPen from gear in %", choose what buffs you want to count.

Do you count mace spec in the passive ArP (30% from gear) calcs?

I'd say yes, because using Mace spec is meant to be a crutch to help you get to a point where you can start gemming for ArP for benefits, once you're gear ArP is good enough, you drop Mace spec for Axe spec asap.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

So I got a couple pieces of Conq gear for my off spec last night and will be at just over 30% passive ArP from gear now (have not had a chance to gem/enchant yet).

The question now becomes... when do you STOP gemming for ArP? If I fully gem for ArP in my gear it looks like that would be adding 153 ArP rating. If 12.31 ArP rating = 1% then that would be adding about 12.4% ArP so I would be up to around 42.4%

If you then tack on the 10% from Arms stance that bumps me up to 52.4% ArP... is that a concern since I use Grim Toll? I am sure I will need to do some comparisons to see how much AP I have after re-gemming but assuming I am over the minimum AP (what would that be anyway?) when should you stop gemming ArP and go back to Str?

Ignore my current Arms spec, I messed up last time I respecced and will be changing it tonight to fit this outline: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

EDIT: Would I be better off using Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft which removes the 2 points in Imp Execute in favor of having 3 points in Imp Mortal Strike? Ideally I will get the expertise to take 2 points out of Weapon Mastery however at the moment I need that 2% extra to remove dodge from the table.
    Last edited by Squirrelnut; 07-23-2009 at 01:34 PM.

Well after re-gemming and getting my gear enchanted I am doing around 3.3-3.6k dps on the boss test dummy with nothing but my own battle shout and sunders.

How does that compare with other arms warriors? Any idea what kind of DPS that would translate into in a raid?

Landsoul's spreadsheet says I should be doing up around 5.8k fully raid buffed with around 200ping like I normally have.

Remember, training dummy isn't really a true indication into a melee's dmg. Wait till your fully raid buffed to get an idea of the kind of DPS your doing.

+ Reply to Thread