+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Indestructible Potion how much and when do you use

Indestructible Potion how much and when do you use

I noticed several Indestructible Potions in a Ciderhelm screen shot, I think of his Guild Bank or just inventory. Anyway I was just curious how often do you guys use them and I guess how casual are you throwing them down? Do you save them for only certain pulls, do you use for Oh S*&% situations and about how many do people that use them approximately go through in a run?

I will generally use them on the pull. When attempting General hard mode however I wait until the Animus spawns before I use it. For an encounter where you know there is going to be increased damage, it's a good idea to use it then.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

I use before combat on every boss pull where I am tanking something. Extra armor for 2 minutes can many time last most of the fight and you still get the use of another potion during. Big win.

I go through probably 4-5 on a good night (2 hr raids). More if wipes happen.

Since you can only drink one potion per fight, you can't really be too casual about it. So timing is important.

One tip: if you drink it before you go into combat (i.e. before you pull a boss), you can drink one again after the 1 minute cooldown is over, effectively benefitting from the potion twice during a single fight.

If you're doing content where tank death is a possibility, use one on the pull because you can, and another one around the riskiest 2 minutes of the fight.

If you're clearing farm content it's probably not worth the hassle.
    If you're working on a new hard mode, you'll go through them reasonably quickly.

I'm an alchemist, so I go through these like candy

really, there's no reason not to, on any kind of progression fight.
    "Stop trying to hit me and hit me!"

~ Morpheus

Thanks guys this was helpful. I had heard the tactic of chuggin before pull but just never really did it for some reason but think I'll start. Thanks again

+ Reply to Thread