+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3v3 War/War/Pally

3v3 War/War/Pally

So im going to be trying this setup.

I understand its not the optimal setup,but recently transferred and these are the other two friends that came across.

So what we have is:
    - Myself - War Arms (full hateful and deadly), also have full naxx 25 prot gear
    - War Fury, he also has prot full naxx/ulduar gear (his pve fury dps is around 6500) (pvp he is also full hateful, deadly)
    - Holy Paladin - she has full healing gear pve and pvp (hateful and some furious)

We are not aiming to become top teams, just to have some fun and get some new furious gear hopefully up to 1850.

Will this team be viable and would it be a good idea for one of us to go in as prot, if so im thinking the fury change to prot so i can still throw arms healing debuffs around, secondly cause arms survivabiltiy is higher.

Any tips and thoughts how we can optimise this setup.

thanks in advance
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Fury is... not that useful in PVP >_>

I think getting to 1850 won't be a problem though, it'll just take some effort.

I can't comment about prot warrior viability in arena... I've only seen one so far (in 5s), and we simply ignored his horrible DPS. No rage -> no damage. Luckily we didn't get hit by any "19k shield slams". If you go prot, expect your fury warrior to be hit hard. Opponent teams will probably wait for him to shield wall, swap to paladin, wait for shield wall to expire before switching back to your fury warrior and killing him.

2x Arms should be able to do OK though. Two bladestorms is a scary thought. With any kill opportunities, you have two intimidating shouts which can be chained and HoJ, which should work pretty well.

GL!

Yes valid point about prot, i find its uses in more of a defensive role ie: stunning, interupting, spell reflecting intervening team mates. In a hope the 1 dps can bring down the other players while he is aiding.

So that is one problem. You think they will rush a fury over a arms warrior first. I woulda thought the debuffs from arms will pose more of a threat.

Also looking at creating a 5v5, what will be a good comp with our current 3v3 team setup. I would imagine 2 ranged dps?

Thanks for the advice, lets see how it goes...

I think you'll have an easier time if your friend also spec's arms. Double bladestorm with MS and UA up would be guaranteed kill. The only time I've seen a prot warrior in 3v3 is in a triple dps group - DK/Ret/Prot War. Yes - prot is viable but it is NOT faceroll it requires excellent setup and coordination.

I'm actually in a Pally/Pally/Warrior 3v3. I'm the Arms warrior, we have a holy pally, and a paladin that mostly runs a hybrid prot-ret build. As it is, most of our fights are pretty much 'bowlarama' which the outcome is usually obvious after 15 or so seconds (hamstring, mortal strike, healer is silenced, collateral opponent is stunned etc).

I'm no expert on arenas, and maybe it's just the plate, but as it is, we laugh off fury warriors and don't even give them much attention. Prot or dual arms is a better choice, though fury isn't absolutely terrible. There's even some complementation you could do. For example, one takes Trauma, the other improved hamstring (And glyph it to push to 25%) So when one hamstrings the other rends. Another is one takes blood craze, the other takes improved shouts, and so on.

As it is for 5v5s, from what I have seen (playing the noob card) 2 strong healers are typically involved. Any less and you can pick off players relatively quickly (except maybe full-furious setups or partial furious 'boosts'...ouch.) Also, our mistake - was having all melee dps. It works ok, but some fights you just end up being kited out feeling like the moron mob. So yes, ranged dps, preferably something that can hammer down slows/stuns even after trinket is nice.

Hmm will have a chat with him about moving arms for pvp, I agree dual bladestorms, with recklessness must be devastating. Healer will have a hard time healing through that.

+ Reply to Thread