+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arms DPS seeking help

Arms DPS seeking help

The World of Warcraft Armory

Hi Tankspot! I'm seeking some help on my DPS. I feel that for my gear, I should be doing a lot more than the 2.6-3.1k I average. I've been reading the threads here posted about Arms warriors for quite some time, and I feel I've generally got the rotation down. Feel free to correct me!

Rend (let it drop off but make sure you always have one up) - I'm not always good about keeping track of this
    Mortal Strike
    Overpower
    Bladestorm (when everything is on CD)
    Slam (rage dump)
    Sudden Death (always when available or only when over a certain rage threshold...? not completely sure)

Using this general rotation, I've seen as high as 3.3k on KT, which I still feel is a bit low. On fights like Emalon, I'm lucky to get 2k, which I recognize as absolutely pathetic. I haven't been in Ulduar enough to give you numbers from there.

I've had some warriors tell me to gem all ArP for a DPS bonus, and others tell me I'd still receive a bigger bonus from Str. Right now I have just below 12.59% passive ArP just from gear (and my chest, which I gemmed ArP) plus the 10% from battle stance.

Any tips would be appreciated! Sorry if this belonged in the general Arms sticky or elsewhere.

I'll move this to the HALP forum where you'll get better attention and is more suited for this type of thread.

The rotation I use is
    Rend (let it drop off but refresh it once it does... use debuff filter to help you track this)
    Sudden Death/Execute
    Overpower
    MS
    Bladestorm
    Slam (rage dump)

Likewise I"m very ArP oriented but still, it depends on your current gear.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Hey Fred, long time Fury now arms guy here. Just a couple points. With your current gear I would suggest going fury. Fury is much more crit dependant than Arms. Arms is all about ArmPen and to be honest you won't see much from only 12%. Once you get into Ulduar you notice most of the plate dps gear has arm pen on it. I would suggest at least 30% before switching to Arms.

Also, Arms spec does take a little time to get down. With more time you should see some improvement.

Make sure you have the correct buffs during the raid. Might, Kings and Mark of the wild. If you dont have a warrior tank in the raid. Sub Sunder Armor in your rotation.

All very good suggestions. Thank you directing me to the spreadsheet Meythos! I've been looking for something like this for a long time. I just did my first Uld 25 tonight, pulled 3.3k on average. I think I'll swap out some str gems for armor pen and see where that takes me

+ Reply to Thread