+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UH DPS Need Advice

UH DPS Need Advice

Hello everyone. I've read a lot of forums here and I've been trying to fix this on my own for some time but I'm just not seeing what the issue is. Here's my armory: The World of Warcraft Armory

I have the right gems, the right enchants (so far as I know anyhow), and my gear isn't horrible. I have the cookie cutter UH spec, I have my rotation down which I got from Krenian's thread, I am hit capped, but I don't think I have too much hit (at one point this was an issue) and pretty close to being where I should be expertise wise. Why is my dps so god awful? I'm lucky if I can pull off 4K and I usually wind up in the mid threes.

Every guild I've been in I get the same old speech: so and so has crappier gear and they are out dpsing you. And I think I'm about to get the speech from my new guild next raid.

Any advice/criticism is welcome and appreciated.

Also, I feel I should mention I picked up a good deal of ArP gear in Uld, and tried blood out and hated it. I prefer unholy.

You are not doing anything wrong if you are following this rotation.

IT,PS,SS,HS,HS and pop off a DC when you can as well as unholy blight and use your CD's to get a few more SS's in. You want to be using SS as long as your plague's are up on the target.

For AOE its basically the same rotation but after the IT,PS use pestilence unholy blight and spam blood boil.

UH is gear dependent. I know a dk who pulls almost 2k more than me and its simply a matter of gear as we have the same spec and are using the same rotations. 4k is nothing to complain about though unless your guild is just seriously hard core.

My forte is not dps, but I have heard and can see the logic in assuming that unholy dps scales poorly with gear. It does great dps early on due to the primary strike (SS) dealing shadow damage rather than physical damage, however Blood seems to be the spec of choice for top end gearing (like yours) as it takes better advantage of certain stats (armor pen for example)

give blood a go...might just be that you are too well geared for unholy dps =)
    I was the lonely voice on my server who simply wanted to know: When Michael Jackson died....did he drop any good loot?

I agree with Silver as I have heard that as well. I may need to switch to blood in the near future. We will see what the next patch holds but the changes suggest that blood is getting a dps buff as well.

Might have fixed my own problem

So, I have been thinking about my issue all day and I was contemplating going blood again, even though I hate it. I was going over talent calculators and looking over my spec one last time seeing if I screwed anything up.

I thought it might be nice to have dirge again, so I went with the 0/10/61 spec. Hopefully it works. Last time I tried it I didn't have as many upgrades as I do now and could not pull it off.

Thanks to those of you who gave advice and took a look to help. Hopefully I can prove my worth and hold my own dps-wise.

+ Reply to Thread