+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help to increase tps for better raid dps

Need help to increase tps for better raid dps

Hi, in my current guild the dps isn't its strong point, and very often does it lack. I'm app'd to a progression raiding guild and tomorrow is my first trial in there twenty five man Ulduar raid team. They expect me to MT most, if not all of the encounters that will be done, most likely FL through Mimiron. My question is how can I boost my tps to handle the raids increased dps that i'm not really use to? Currently I do around 6.5k-7k, I follow the flowchart that was posted awhile back on the forums for a rotation, vigilance, and swap gear according to the encounter. Heres my armory
    The World of Warcraft Armory
    I generally keep that gear set on, although will switch out the titanguard for my lastlaugh for the extra expertise, and the trinkets for the encounter.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks!

Bump for halp,

Is 6.5k -7k TPS your high point (measured on like patches) or your sustained TPS?

I spike that high regularly with some good crit or S&B streaks.

That kind of TPS should be sufficient for most Ulduar Raids if your sustaining it. The biggest key to high TPS is heroic strike up-time; if your following the flowchart properly. Heroic strike spam is one place many people can improve. I bind mine to my "back" butto n on my mouse and spam it nonstop.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by drae View Post
    Is 6.5k -7k TPS your high point (measured on like patches) or your sustained TPS?

I spike that high regularly with some good crit or S&B streaks.

That kind of TPS should be sufficient for most Ulduar Raids if your sustaining it. The biggest key to high TPS is heroic strike up-time; if your following the flowchart properly. Heroic strike spam is one place many people can improve. I bind mine to my "back" butto n on my mouse and spam it nonstop.
    Yeah mines on my back button also, I'm wondering if its my timing, cause i'll find myself getting rage starved sometimes on a series of dodge/parrys, dropping as low as 5k even 4k. my sustained is around 6k, and thats my spikes, just trying to figure out away to sustain my spike rate, so my spikes are hitting in the 8k's

Your armory is down due to maintenance, is your expertise rocking? Your hit high enough? Are you running the standard deepwounds spec? (inc. ATTT rather 5/5 cruelty)

Check a WWS of your tanking and compare the white hits to the heroic strike hits and you can get an idea of your HS uptime.

Remember you have to gear for threat the same as you gear for EH. Selecting the gear set at the right time is key to tanking efficiently. Your TPS can fluctuate wildly depending on the gear set equipped.

Drae

Your armory is down due to maintenance, is your expertise rocking? Your hit high enough? Are you running the standard deepwounds spec? (inc. ATTT rather 5/5 cruelty)

Check a WWS of your tanking and compare the white hits to the heroic strike hits and you can get an idea of your HS uptime.

Remember you have to gear for threat the same as you gear for EH. Selecting the gear set at the right time is key to tanking efficiently. Your TPS can fluctuate wildly depending on the gear set equipped.
    Expertise is 31 with my Last Laugh, I cant remember my hit, but its about 313 I think , not to sure, and I'm running the DW spec
    thanks a lot for the advice, ill check out a wws =D

I don't run much more then ~5% hit, just enough to help with TC and taunt.

I've got ~41 expertise no food buff with LL, tho I am an orc. I find around 10-12% is good, but 13+ is better. Conversely in EH gear I'm like 4% hit and ~28 expertise. Mix and match as required. The goal is not have enough EH to not die if you get back to back hits, then stack TPS stat.

Drae

I don't run much more then ~5% hit, just enough to help with TC and taunt.

I've got ~41 expertise no food buff with LL, tho I am an orc. I find around 10-12% is good, but 13+ is better. Conversely in EH gear I'm like 4% hit and ~28 expertise. Mix and match as required. The goal is not have enough EH to not die if you get back to back hits, then stack TPS stat.
    Cool, ran it today did well, goin back thursday
    thanks a lot for the help.

+ Reply to Thread