+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dealing With FoK Rogues in 5s

Dealing With FoK Rogues in 5s

How?

They spam one ability - an AOE ability that provides a MS debuff, -70% movement speed, and interrupts casting. Does considerable damage too.

My 5s team has a lot of trouble with FoK rogue teams. We don't have a DK, so we can't DG him out of the crowd and CoI.

Usually our comp is:
    Warrior
    Disc priest
    Holy Paladin
    Ret Paladin
    Feral / Mage

Now, I'm always yelling on the mic telling people to spread apart, and it works to some extent, but as soon as we try to focus fire one of them, the rogue comes over again and starts spinning around, hitting 3, 4 targets at a time. Healers have no way to keep up with the MS debuff, and the other team's DK + Paladin blow someone up.

Need advice!
    Last edited by Genome852; 07-21-2009 at 12:52 AM.

Stun, fear, full nuke on him initially? More than one could be problematic
    Last edited by Kaumu; 07-21-2009 at 05:21 AM.
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

kill the rogue first?

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Almost 2300 rated and you're having trouble w/fok rogues...meh...I wish I played on such an easy BG.

The OP. 2277

Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    The OP. 2277
    Yeah sorry, clicked the char in his drop down menu instead of the one in his sig

Almost 2300 rated and you're having trouble w/fok rogues...meh...I wish I played on such an easy BG.
    Wanna give some useful advice? Only thing I read here is "you don't deserve your rating 'cause you play in a **** BG"

I'm not the only one having trouble
    fok spec - Page 11 - Arena Junkies Forums

2500+ rated players complaining about FoK. Does that mean they all play in bad BGs? Hell, BG difficulty shouldn't even kick in till the higher ratings - you're rated at 1900.

Please don't post if you're just gonna trash talk :/
    Last edited by Genome852; 07-21-2009 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    kill the rogue first?
    If the rogue sees us going for him, he pops evasion and continues using FoK spam, hitting all 3 of our melee. Getting MS on him is a pain as well, our pally first needs to HoJ him before I can MS, else it'll get dodged 99% of the time (it's practically impossible to melee to death rogue in evasion without MS).

Gonna try making the rogue pop evasion at the start of the fight, then switching back to him later on when it's on CD for a quick kill.

Force the rogue to blow his evasion then HoJ him, if he trinkets, sheep or cyclone him, when he comes out again, charge and hard switch to him, cycloning/counterspelling/pyshcic scream their healer. If damage is too high, get one of your paladins to Divine Sacrifice

intercept/charge stuns him, can't dodge during stun, evasion = negated.

Quote Originally Posted by Woopiwoopi View Post
    Force the rogue to blow his evasion then HoJ him, if he trinkets, sheep or cyclone him, when he comes out again, charge and hard switch to him, cycloning/counterspelling/pyshcic scream their healer. If damage is too high, get one of your paladins to Divine Sacrifice
    Will try that later tonight

intercept/charge stuns him, can't dodge during stun, evasion = negated.
    Not enough rage!

to charge?! and if he even throws 1 FoK out he'll give you 10 rage, that'll be enough to switch stance and intercept no?

I think your ret paladin really needs to help out with the stuns here and lock him down, 1 series of stun locks between you and him should gib the rogue quickly.

Don't forget the holy pally can hoj too.

And the mage/druid can sheep/cyclone someone too...not to mention two fears.

And for the record I don't play a faceroll cleave comp and I play 2300 teams all the time...most of them are faceroll comps like yours and can still win because melee is OP.

Just tunnelvision the rogue like you do everyone else...he'll die.

to charge?! and if he even throws 1 FoK out he'll give you 10 rage, that'll be enough to switch stance and intercept no?
    A 1.5s stun isn't long enough for a MS when you end up 3 meters away from the target due to him jumping around the moment you charge or from the charge bug. If I'm starting with no rage, I still need to get a white hit off. Going to try sitting in zerker stance to build up rage on another target before intercepting to land an MS.

And for the record I don't play a faceroll cleave comp and I play 2300 teams all the time...most of them are faceroll comps like yours and can still win because melee is OP.
    Nah, you play wizard cleave which is just as bad. Why are you losing to melee again?
    Last edited by Genome852; 07-22-2009 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Genome852 View Post
    A 1.5s stun isn't long enough for a MS when you end up 3 meters away from the target due to him jumping around the moment you charge or from the charge bug.
    Sorry to derail slightly, but this pisses the living sh!t out of me! Charge next thing the target is already far ahead of u and u cant fire off a rend or a hamstring.

Making us zerker and blow intercept.
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

I guess I have wonderful latency cuz I'm destroying rogues in arenas right now and I've never had this issue. Occasionally I'll admit I land somewhere out of range from certain classes, but not rogues...

Ion and Genome cool it. No need to flame each other.

+ Reply to Thread