+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need a little help tweaking my character

Need a little help tweaking my character

Ok first here is my armory

The World of Warcraft Armory

What I'm looking for is to see if I'm doing pretty well with my gear. Also I would like to know what gear I should be shooting for. As of now, we do 10 man Ulduar and have 10 out of 13 bosses down. We are missing Mimiron+, but we are getting to them. So I just wanna know what should I be shooting for for upgrades and how I'm doing so far.

For the most part I am main tank/boss tank. I don't do the adds usually cause all our other tanks are pallys basically.

Any suggestions at all will be deeply appreciated. Thanks

Bump

Throw another socket in your belt/bracer, heck your a BS u could make it urself. Beyond that looks good for mostly 10m gear, obviously the more you can get into 25m content the more upgrades available to you.

If you are the boss tank you might consider switching to 15/3/53 with the points in cruelty switched to Imp Disc combined with Shield Wall/Last Stand glyphs to make your healers lives easier and allow you to stand through General's soft enrages with your own alternating cooldowns every minute.

Not much to be said beyond that, you should be fine for working through 10m Yogg.

Ok so I socketed my belt. I just completely forgot about that.

As for switching specs, that is definitely an interesting idea, I'm just wondering, I have a few people in my group that outgear me and I have to vigilance cause if they get lucky they can pull threat. If I lose cruelty that would make me lose threat building. Is it worth it?? I mean I could just ask them to not go all out early, but that would hurt our dps early. I mean, as of now I usually don't have problems but they get really close to me even with vigilance on them. I just don't want to go it, and the boss go and kill them if they get threat over me.

Thanks for pointing out the belt thing though. I just want to make sure I get stuff done right so I'm not itemizing wrong or something. Thanks

I believe as a BS you can also throw a socket in your wrist. Socket Bracer - Spell - World of Warcraft With regard to threat I am a big proponent of doing as much threat as you possibly can however I tend to do that by gearing,enchanting,gemming as well as possible and practicing a good rotation.

2 points in cruelty are nice to have but it isn't game breaking on threat and in most cases that shouldn't even be an issue any any fights other then hardmode Hodir or General.

If you have no problem asking for outside cooldowns through General's soft enrages and have the group comp to provide them then it shouldn't be a problem to keep your points in cruelty, I simply prefer to have my own cooldowns available and use outside ones as just a backup.
    Last edited by Squirrelnut; 07-23-2009 at 07:18 AM.

I'm gonna try the build tonight, we are working on mimi and I figure faster cooldowns could be useful for first phase. Once again thanks for letting me know the stuff wasn't socketed... I keep forgetting when I upgrade my gear. I am finally hit capped with a dranie and soft expertise capped though so thats working out pretty well. Thanks for the suggestions so far

+ Reply to Thread