+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot warrior, final draft build before naxx

Prot warrior, final draft build before naxx

OK after some advice and running more heroics, etc etc. I finally got all 200 iLevel gear including shotgun, valor medal, red sword of courage, and bolstered legplates.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Anymore enchanting changes I should make to the build? Perhaps accuracy, or exceptional agility for my weapon instead of titanium weapon chain?

No one has any suggestions, or "good job" comments to offer?

The armory link isnt workin for me.

Your gear is fine for Naxx. I personally wouldn't worry too much about the weapon chain until you get a few upgrades from Naxx as the hit rating will help.
    Toblerone - Space Goat Warrior
    Chupachup - Space Goat Shaman

I did the arachnid quarter last night before raid restarts and goth as well on 10 man. Overall it went well and it was mostly a guild run except 2 PUGs. We might as well have 9 manned it though because we PUG'd a hunter and he was only managing to do 600-800dps...

Just some work on coordination is all that's needed. OS is easy peasy. Our guild is gonna try for 1 drake up next time we run it.

Am I geared enough to tank naxx 25? That's my last question.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkroman View Post
    I did the arachnid quarter last night before raid restarts and goth as well on 10 man. Overall it went well and it was mostly a guild run except 2 PUGs. We might as well have 9 manned it though because we PUG'd a hunter and he was only managing to do 600-800dps...

Just some work on coordination is all that's needed. OS is easy peasy. Our guild is gonna try for 1 drake up next time we run it.

Am I geared enough to tank naxx 25? That's my last question.
    We ran Naxx 25 with squishier tanks than you my friend. Id consider farming up the badges for Heroes Chest and try to work on replacing blues first thing.

Heroes' Dreadnaught Breastplate - Item - World of Warcraft for your chest.

Bracers of the Herald - Item - World of Warcraft for your bracers

Platinum Mesh Cloak - Item - World of Warcraft as soon as you get Valor Badges to buy it this should be your first upgrade from those.

Other then those few suggestions for your gear you should be fine tanking Naxx 25. Patchwerk and maybe a few other hard hitting fights you may struggle with but overall it shouldnt be a major problem.

You shouldn't have any problem in Naxx25 either. Just keep working on getting upgrades where possible and it'll get easier each week.

As Nael said, when Wrath first came out I (and i'm sure many remember this too) was tanking Naxx25 with about 22-23k unbuffed HP with 16 defense gems in almost every socket to hit 540. Albeit I wouldn't recommend it, but it's certainly possible.
    Toblerone - Space Goat Warrior
    Chupachup - Space Goat Shaman

i would advise against farming emblems of heroism for gear at this point. with 3.2 looming on the horizon, i would do any heroics with drops for you, but then hold the emblems to convert to epic gems after 3.2 hits....then go pound heroics for t8.5 chest/helm.

just my two cents. I like gold =)
    I was the lonely voice on my server who simply wanted to know: When Michael Jackson died....did he drop any good loot?

Quote Originally Posted by Silveronfire View Post
    i would advise against farming emblems of heroism for gear at this point. with 3.2 looming on the horizon, i would do any heroics with drops for you, but then hold the emblems to convert to epic gems after 3.2 hits....then go pound heroics for t8.5 chest/helm.

just my two cents. I like gold =)
    That's actually what I plan to do. Getting some of that gear will be nice. Kinda sucks actual progression is off the table, but at the same time it'd be nice to catch up with some tier 8.5 type gear.

Hi guys,

seeing as though my gear and situation is so similar to the OP's, i will just ask my questions in this thread.

my armory - The World of Warcraft Armory

I am not sure if i can do anything else before raiding naxx 10/25, which it is hard to get into a group or find a raid to do them with.

At the moment I have 4 emblem of conquest, 17 heroism and 22 valor.

I know that I am sitting under the defense cap, i won't be tanking and raids until I hit it again (i have been mixing my gear up all day), but it just seems difficult.

I understand the cloak I have now is a druid cloak, and that the epic BOE's look bad to people who inspect me before runs, but i am not sure how else i can upgrade. I want to replace the shield with the COT one, but i will lose quite a chunk of defense. I could farm for the HOL trinket for the nth time, but i have no idea what i would replace.

I have offtanked 25 man naxx successfully and tanked 25 man VoA just fine today, but i don't seem to get a look in with anything else. I'll keep doing my heroics everyday to farm badges, but would just like some additional help.

Thanks.
    Last edited by paraaa; 07-23-2009 at 02:37 AM.

I'd say the best thing for you to do is just keep picking up some naxx 25 gear. I know I can MT naxx 25 (I've done it after I tweaked my gear a bit thx to the advice here). So just keep at it, and progress.

+ Reply to Thread