+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior - Pvp Help

Warrior - Pvp Help

So basicly i have been getting bored lately waiting for raids to unlock so i started to BG and found that it was funner than i thought and i really like it so i decided to areana and right now im addicted to pvp and often put off finding raids (Still go to guild scheduled raids but i dont try to find any pug runs anymore.)Basicly i have been reading the Arms pvp guide that is stickied up top and watched the movie a few times but i just dont really get it am i suppose to stay in beserker stance or Battle when i dont need to intercept/intervent/etc
    and i dont really get how the focus charge/intercept works like do i have to have unfocus charge on my bars and the focus char on it to, like what does it do?... i just dont get it lol.

You should be in battle stance to allow for rend and TFB procs.

As for the focus things:

The macros I listed have modifiers for focus. So if you had charge bound to 1 it would charge normally if you hit 1, and charge focus if you hit shift.

As arms, you'll sit in battle stance 99% of the time and only switch to zerker to do a quick intercept then switch back immediately after.

and to set your focus target your enemy and type /focus

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Another problem i seem to have when setting up my bars is i just got bartender and basicly i set my bars up but then when i go to beserker stance 1 bar disappears. any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan2213 View Post
    Another problem i seem to have when setting up my bars is i just got bartender and basicly i set my bars up but then when i go to beserker stance 1 bar disappears. any ideas?
    Look into that particular bar's state configuration. You should be able to set how it pages (if at all).

You should set up 1 bar (this is how i prefer) to change. This is commonly bar 1. set it to page with you as you change stances and for each stance set skills on there that are only used in that stance and are in your top priority uses.

BW's got a very good post in the guides section that talks about keybinding and such.

One addition to this, battle stance is indeed your primary as an arms warrior. Zerker is for the fast intercept or sometimes game breaking pummel.

If i find myself faced against another melee character, especially warrior/rogue. Go defensive with swoard and board. With unrelenting assault, you will be pounding away at them with abilities to disarm/shieldwall/shieldblock. Intervene can be used to motor your way across the arena/bg, or to come to aid of a fellow team member. Intervene party member, focus on a target and charge him. Makes a warrior look like a speeding bullet across the terrain.

Abilities that should stay up on targets:
    Rend (for TfB procs)
    Ms for healing debuff
    Hamstring/Piercing Howl (if kiter class)
    ===============================
    Then Overpower when available to reduce spell dmg
    Execute
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Switch A LOT.

Don't dump your rage as soon as you get it, build up some momentum and pressure the team hard whilst cc's/cd's are up.
    Unrelenting Assault after a MS affect means the heals are only 25% effective which is awsome for setting up that kill.
    Get ready to intervene your healer and LoS for a quick getaway if they happen to CC him/her and they can't break it.

Most important thing - Make a focus charge/intercept macro, the pressure you put on my charging/intercepting a heal is enormous and allows you a few seconds for Int Shout or a cyclone, avengers shield, Psychic Scream etc.

So how do i do this focus charge thing can anyone explain to me in great detail what it does and how to use it effectively lol

It's a bit advanced and will take some time to get used to.
    What you do is set a target as a focus target, usually the caster or healer of the team.

When you have a target fairly low, you can see if the healer is casting a heal and u can use the macro to charge him or switch to zerker to get ready for the intercept.

#showtooltip Intercept
    /cast [target=focus, modifier:shift] Intercept; Intercept

The above macro is what you wana use, you can modify it so u can use the normal keybind to normally charge/int and a modifier key for your focus

How does the focus work if i target someone else and press Shift it will focus his partner?

no, what that specific tooltip will do is you'll target player 1, you'll beat on him, if you have a focus target as part of your bars (you should for pvp) you'll see player 2 is casting a big heal. you press your trusty intercept key but hold shift down instead while hitting it. you will automatically intercept player 2 without EVER losing your target on player 1.

Boom magic.

You should be able to set right click on gladius to set focus target.

+ Reply to Thread