+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advise on Gear - In preperation of 10 man Nax and

Advise on Gear - In preperation of 10 man Nax and

The World of Warcraft Armory

I need to get another 3k hp unbuffed. Any ideas on how to it? lol.
    O, and is def cap 540, or 560? Someone in my guild said 540 but some guy I spoke to said it was 560.

Any help is appreciated.

O, and you see anything else I could improve please let me know =D

Well Im kinda in the same boat as you right now. Here is my armory to give you some ideas

The World of Warcraft Armory

The defense cap is 540 for raids, however, it never hurts to go over that.

As far as your hp, you can get the enchant for your chest that adds 250(?) hp. It looks like you need to spend some time doing heroics, grinding up some rep, and buying some emblem gear. Unless threat is a big issue for you I'd switch to the meta gem that I'm using. that's another 320hp and a good deal more armor. Socket your necklace. Hope this helps.

Jimbabwe

For your gear, either you are a newly-specced tank after having been DPS or you are worried about threat. If the former, you haven't finished gearing, if the latter, survival is #1, Threat is #2, because dead tanks hold no threat.

There is no mystical solution to get an instant 3k unbuffed, that's a *huge* upgrade for you that can only be achieved by gear upgrades. You can maybe get the 3k with a combination of enchants, power levelling rep/skills and lucky drops in heroics. Like everything in life, this will take time. Details below:

Gear (in slot order)
    Helm:
    -Get your Argent Crusade to Reverred and get head enchant (37 stam/20 defense).
    -Meta gem is completely wrong, go for 32 stam 2% armor, or 21 def 5% SBV IF and ONLY IF you have defense cap issues (540 defense).

Necklace:
    -Gem it with Hit/Stam, your hit rating is pitifully low. I'm not even going to start on your expertise.

Shoulder:
    -Start Sons of Hodir Rep! (Bad tank!!!) Get going to honored at the very least to get the lowbie ones, with the aim to get to exalted for proper enchants
    -Until then put on a heavy borean armor kit (18 stam).
    -If your inclined to pvp, you can get a 30 stam/15 resilience patch for 10k honour

Chest:
    -The recommended enchant is 22 def, although there is a 200 or 275 hp to chest. You are technically def capped, but the first blue you replace will likely cause to drop way below it, which is why people stick with 22 def.

Bracers + Gloves:
    -Get going on Smithing into the 400s, so you can pick up another (24 x 2= 48 stam) in smithing perks via smith only glove/bracer free sockets.
    -40 stam to bracers
    -I would put 20 hit to gloves personally, but I suppose you could go with 2% threat and 10 parry. You could opt for another heavy borean armor patch here, but I would discourage that

Weapon:
    -Put a titanium chain on that, it's not a worthy weapon to spend money on it. Once you get something decent (i.e. Red Sword of Courage from H UP or slayer of lifeless from nax 10) go for mongoose or accuracy

Boots:
    -22 stam to boots

Trinkets:
    -H AN 2nd boss drops a 111 stam trinket, essence of gossamer, your biggest boost to HP.
    -H MgT has a 56 stam trinket, Commendation of Kael'Thas

Right now you can get the following
    Stam
    32 from Meta+18 from necklace+22 stam from boots+18stam from armor patch to shoulder= 90 stam (950ish unbuffed?)

Trinkets will net you, if RNG favors you:
    111 stam from Essence of Gossamer+56 stam from Commendation of Kael'thas = 167 (1800ish unbuffed?)

Rest of it will net:
    48 stam from smithing bonus gems+ 37 stam from Head enchant = 85 stam (900 hp) AND most importantly, a whole more survivability, which means you will actually live instead of being a huge sitting duck with a lot of stamina. If you wanted to do that, roll a bear :P.

+ Reply to Thread