+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trying to readjust gear

Ok, I'll be logging out for the maintence tonight so the armory isnt updated yet. I overhauled my spec. The only thing I did not do is the glyph for last stand. So i broke down and changed the spec. And I had the warrior BiS belt made. unfortunantly I had to change up my 41 stamina gems for expertise in either to hit the 26 expertise softcap.

I chose not to go with the Cloak for the meantime because of the loss of dodge on it. While this did bring down the max EH I had before the expertise gemming. I do have more health than i started with because of the monarch crab. I am starting my 10 man group agian today of course because of the reset. So hopefully thorim stops being a stingy bastard and drops my shoulders. So I can fit those gems back into 41/24 stam gems. I figured it would be best to shred the 41/24 stam gems to reach the expertise cap.

Currently at 32021 which is 300 hp's still higher than my previous spec and gearing. Squrriel if you can take a look and tell me what you think or anyone else. Think pushing the expertise cap in the manner I did was worth it?

Maybe I'm missing something here. But I'm not sure exactly how this spec is supposed to work in mitigation rotation. I used it in ulduar last night, and the spike damage was incredible. I'm defense capped, expertise capped, 30% dodge, monarch crab. And the damage was so large at points even rotation the mitigation around at different points. And it was fantastic when it was up, but when it was down it was incredibly scary.

Unless you are having real threat problems with people pulling off of you I would think you are better off going with 41 stam JC gems and 8exp/12stam in red sockets when you and your group are progressing/gearing up. 26 expertise soft cap is nice but you will get it as you get more gear and it doesn't matter how much threat you have if you are dead. Get a bunch of expertise food which is about 4.9 expertise right there.

You have a JC gem in your legs blue socket, switch that with a 24stam and put the JC gem into something else like your yellow trinket socket so that you get the bonus 9 stam.

If you make those changes you will still be up around 21 expertise after exp food but will have gained around 127 stamina which is really helpful.

Next you NEED to get rid of the Sunder glyph, it would help a lot more to have the Last Stand glyph so that you have 2 minute shieldwall/laststand/enraged regen both for tanking bosses like Hodir, Mimiron, General but also so that you can use your cooldowns agressively on other bosses and trash. 2 minutes isn't that long, I use my cooldowns on trash all the time so that we can pull faster without my healers having a heartattack. I tend to use my trinkets very carefully however because although they can reduce incoming damage they can leave you rage deprived with our broken mechanics till 3.2 brings rage on avoidance.

+ Reply to Thread