+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some input

Need some input on overall build/gem/enchant

hey guys ! i hope you all are well.

so i was a fury warrior and enjoying myself in and around Naxx and Os utill my Guild requested me to tank a naxx 10 run, so with my titansteel wall and tempered folded blade i went off for victory. i think i had 280 def or something silly and patch's was interesting

but i am a few months away from that now and i MT and OT 10 and 25m content and we starting Ulduar now.

i am looking for some input into my current set up, i am still learning on a day to day basis and trying to improve as much as possible. i know my hit rating is low but i am not sure if i should sub + str and stam gems for + hit .

any advice will be much appreciated

oops here is my armory link

The World of Warcraft Armory

thank-you in advanced
    Last edited by Thadin; 07-20-2009 at 12:36 AM. Reason: oops

a quick glance at your spec shows a little room for improvement - you have 4/5 cruelty in the fury tree. While critical strike is nice, it is by no means the most important thing in the world for a tank. Consider Deep Wounds (arms tree - your almost there as it is with incite) or concussion blow/vigilance (protection tree) instead. The overall threat gain from any one of these abilities is more than 4% crit chance will do.

You also have quite a few peices of block gear. While block is nice in naxxramas, bosses in ulduar tend to hit harder. The basic theory is in naxx, blocking 2000 damage on a 6000-7000 hit is fairly nice. In ulduar, blocking 2000 of a 15k-20k hit is close to nothing. It is much better to boost up your pure avoidance stats to completely dodge or parry the full 20k hit.

You are definately on the right track for gear, just a few small adjustments and you'll be sleeping your way through naxx in no time

As luck would have it, there was a post i wanted to link you to that has managed to completely dissapear off my radar. Regardless, keep at it and good luck

wow tks for the input , i am going too go have a look on how to get my avoidence up then thank-you

btw , would you know what my dodge and parry should be to be comfortable? and how about my unbuffed HP ?
    Last edited by Thadin; 07-20-2009 at 04:13 AM.

Your hit isn't horrible. I MT in my EH set with 155hit, so you'll be ok as far as that goes. Only time you really NEED to be hit capped is on Auriaya, and then really only if you're the only warrior in the raid(You have to berserker rage out of a fear and then interrupt her casting Sentinel blast). Ideally moving into new content, EH wins, because it gives more room for errors.

First thing i would do if you're moving into ulduar is run H AN until the second boss drop Essence of Gossamer - Item - World of Warcraft for you. 111Sta is much better for Ulduar than your block trinket.

If you have the emblems of valor available Valorous Dreadnaught Legguards - Item - World of Warcraft would be better than the legs you have on due to the limitations of block that were mentioned in the previous post.

Might want to look at buying the BoE valor bracers Bracers of Dalaran's Parapets - Item - World of Warcraft either with badges or gold. They were going from 1k on my server last time i checked.

I would swap the meta out for Austere Earthsiege Diamond - Item - World of Warcraft More stam and armour=more EH.

Might want to look at changing out your other gems as well to +24 stam. Obviously you can't do all of them that way because of the meta.

If possible pick up a faster weapon. That will let you HS more and therefore gen more threat.

As far as spec goes, Khanor was correct about DW for threat. If you're going to be a full time tank, you may want to pick up 2 prot specs, a 15/5/51(Deep wounds build), and a 5/15/51(Survivability build).

Thats all i got right now.

I would replace your Meta gem with the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41380.

I would also replace your +8str/+12 stam gems for +8dodge/+12 stam, like the previous poster said, your block value isn't as important for Ulduar.

I'd also replace the gem in your belt, for +24 stam. Also, looking at your chest peice, there isn't an enchant on it. I'd go with +10stats, or if you need the def rating +22 def.

That's just my two cents.

you guys are awesome !!!! hehe

so i am getting the chest enchant ( might take the +def so i stay above cap ) and will go farm for the +stam trinket.

i will replace my head meta and add more + dodge. and hold thumbs for the wrist

Btw , i have respecced inot the deep wounds but i need to change my glyphs also so dont stress about those 2 much hehe
    Last edited by Thadin; 07-20-2009 at 07:19 AM.

+ Reply to Thread