+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weapon dps vs expertise

Weapon dps vs expertise

Hi guys, long time lurker first time poster here.

I've begun gearing for heroics and you can see my armory here.

The World of Warcraft Armory

I am really trying to max out on threat as I've managed to achieve at least acceptable levels of survivability on most heroic encounters. I am about to acquire a new weapon and I wanted to know which weapon would produce better threat. I've looked for a comparison of dps vs expertise in the guides and on the forums and I really didn't see it.

The two weapons would be:
    Axe of the Sen'jin Protector - Item - World of Warcraft
    and
    Crescent of Brooding Fury - Item - World of Warcraft

Note: I realize the prior is a better survival/avoidance weapon.

Also if you wouldn't mind looking at my spec I would appreciate it. I've built it specifically for heroics, and I'll be changing it once I start raiding. Thanks for reading all this guys.
    Last edited by jimbabwe; 07-19-2009 at 02:23 PM. Reason: didn't know how to link items to wowhead

Your a warrior, 2.6 is too slow for a threat weapon for a warrior due to the decrease in HS usage.

As a side note, if your concerned about threat, get 2% threat to gloves and a Vigilance Glyph...

You know, I hadn't really thought about the weapon speed. I don't have much problem keeping threat on boss mobs at the moment, it's mostly the trash when dps using aoe damage. I've been using cleave, should i be using HS instead?

I'd been holding off on some of those enchants as the gear is going to be replaced so rapidly, but i may just have to bite the bullet and get them. I'm going to look into the vigilance glyph. Thanks for the response.

Heroic Strike is a high threat move, Cleave isnt

+ Reply to Thread