+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: All say im bad but am i bad?

All say im bad but am i bad?

Hello i have been palying on this charater for 7 days now. I have been tanking naxx 10/25. And im looking for the upgrades i need so i can go ulduar. I need help with my gear atm if some 1 can help. I am not sure if i got the right gems so i wanted to know if im doing it right. The World of Warcraft Armory

You're below the defense minimum of 540 for raids, that's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by themaliguy View Post
    Hello i have been palying on this charater for 7 days now.
    You've been playing the toon for seven days? I take it you were given (or bought) the toon. There are lots of guides for tanking, and more specifically paladin, tanking on this website. I'd suggest reading them and practicing in five mans before subjecting a group of 9/24 people to your "learning curve".

You will have trouble playing a Paladin if you did not level as one. Level one to 80, then try to tank. You'll do much better. Part of learning to play (let alone tank) includes starting from scratch and learning how to use your new skills as you attain them; so you don't start with 500 skills you have no idea how to use. No matter how many guides you read or who you talk to, you're not going to be as good as you would be if you started from scratch.
    Last edited by Miagorme; 07-19-2009 at 01:43 PM. Reason: mis-typed

No gem on the waist, no enchant on the pants or shoulders, and you only have one glyph spot used up. This is on top of not having 540 def, which is one of the single most important stats to have in all of tanking. That's what I noticed from your armory.

If everyone says you are bad and you are not really experienced, good chance they are right

Read some basic guides, get your keyboard setup correctly, practice in 5 mans and you will do fine. Sadly, its not really that hard!

Quote Originally Posted by themaliguy View Post
    Hello i have been palying on this charater for 7 days now. I have been tanking naxx 10/25. And im looking for the upgrades i need so i can go ulduar. I need help with my gear atm if some 1 can help. I am not sure if i got the right gems so i wanted to know if im doing it right. The World of Warcraft Armory
    im not sure if your bad or not, iv never seen you play your class.. but what im going to quote is what is bugging me.

Quote Originally Posted by themaliguy
    Hello i have been palying on this charater for 7 days now. I have been tanking naxx 10/25.
    you have been playing for seven days? that suggests you bought that toon... thats where im getting confused.

OMG squats posted while i was still pondering how to down derage my comments,
    Hello i have been playing on this character for 7 days now. I have been tanking naxx 10/25.
    Damn...posts like this makes you dislike E-bay accounts even more...hehe

I figured u a E-bayer since if its a inherited account from a friend, he would have at least taught u to use the toon, unless hes a complete idiot.
    Hope u learn how to use ur toon, and plz don't join groups with out telling em u don't know what ur doing so they can be ready for it, or replace u if they don't dare have u...

By only playing 7 days, he could be saying that he's played the character 7 full days, not just played WOW 7 days.

I lvled my pally in about 12 days of playable time. There is a difference and it may not mean he's bought the character, it may mean he just lvled really, really fast. Now if he meant that he's only played WOW 7 days, that's a different story.

Nevertheless, please get your Defense up to 540. I'm surprised with your gear that you aren't defense capped, even for Heroics (535). I don't have the gear you do and I'm at 546, but then I stacked defense first because I read Tankspot.

Well aside from gearing issues that have been pointed out, usually when a group says you're bad they mean you have threat problems. That's not really a gear issue, since only the healers are going to talk about that and even a crit in Naxx isn't game ending (depending on your healers). But ya... fix your gear.

In case it is a threat issue read the pally guides and figure out the 969 rotation or whatever it is you guys use.

Well, assuming he tanks Naxx and Patchwerk crits him and wipes the raid people are going to call him a bad player regardless of how well he plays his class.

ROLL I just love the sig line above ^^^^^^^^^
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

Well im know i got get the ench and gems. But i am doing fine on spider plague + construkt. When im going military quater i wipe the raid 1-2 times only. And when we come sapp-KT i wipe max 1 time. I know how to play the class and i did lvl it my self but wherey fast only. And it is at sapp i wipe it most only 1 time the all begin to hate me and say im bad and all **** you know.

the character has been 80 for over a month, yay achievements.

Do they say why you are bad like are you facing saph at the raid, low on threat or just impossible to heal?

Did you understand you were below 540 def and what may happen?

Since you are back and talking you also need to fix up your spec its horrible read here
    Maintankadin • View topic - 3.1 Talent Spec Guide

I am guessing english is not your first language so people may have misunderstood the way your wrote your initial comments.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

Yes They know what def i did have and all my stats. I did it all and it was going fine. When we did come saph i did hold him like normal. When the first frost breath did come 1 healer died. When it did come the second time a other healer died. And we did go with 2 tank 2 healers and 6 dps. So all healers was dead. I was hold sapp like normal before the problem was that the healer died. And all say its me ho doing wrong. But 1 time before this happend i did wipe it 1 time for i dident stand behind the ice blocks my bad :P.

Well if that is the case that u actually know your toon and did level it up yourself then all the power to u...

From what u say:
    When we did come saph i did hold him like normal. When the first frost breath did come 1 healer died. When it did come the second time a other healer died.
    if that is the problem then its not u who is the problem in the sapph fight.
    It might just be the healers you run with.

Sapph is a healing intense fight and it relies most on the healers, and people not being dumb (must hide behind the once frozen), and of course avoid the blizzard.

Your main job is just to keep him in one spot and facing sideways to the group so they don't get swiped and breathed and don't get tail swiped either...
    Last edited by Goodmann; 07-20-2009 at 04:40 AM. Reason: ecstatics

Thanks. Well now back to the gear/gems/ench :P. I know i dont got the def (540). But i there eny thing i doing wrong? Do i need other gems/gear? (i know i need ench :S)

wow 534 def you need to get that up asap chuck a 16 def gem or somthing in there so your uncrittable by (most) bosses
    i just follo the 696 or 969 rotation you should look a few up although pallys are by far one of the easyest classes to tank as i assume...
    i lvled from 10-80 as prot tho :P
    you really shouldn't try tanking if u have no idea what youre doing in 10-25 man raids sounds expensive to the dps >.<

phoenix92 i know what im doing in raids. The thing i am asking for is my gear/gems. I know what to do :-P. And i realy need it u see.

Hello,

first of all you need to get the def capped.

Buy a belt bocket for youre belt and Put a JC gem with def there and i trade all youre JC gem with 41 stam for the def one for getting def capped. Stamina is not all get you def capped and when you get over def you could remove one by one JC def gem intot JC stam gem.

It should help you to get youre 540.

Buy a glyph that really help you in threat and dmg reduction. i suggest you my glyph but you can check for guide they all been explained there.
    The World of Warcraft Armory
    goodluck

+ Reply to Thread