+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pulling Drek with all adds up

Pulling Drek with all adds up

Possible to live through it?
    If you have, I'd be interested in what you did and your gear level.

Whenever someone wants to do this achievement, I simply wait till Drek moves to the back of the pen, pull the first three raptors, get them to 50%, Drek should be moving back towards you, so pull him, let the three die and simply have DPS hold back till they've killed 3 raptors. I did it in Heroic/blues first time, wasn't that hard, just be sure you have a tremor totem/fear ward/berserker stance, whatever handy for the fear.

Raptors?
    We're talking about Drek in AV here.

I'd have an off-tank with me for that. I think they hit really hard.

The problem with them is that that Drek can stun you. That in combination with the damage gets a bit interesting.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

Every time I've seen someone try this, they always die in one second and then they start a pain train on everyone too stupid to run out.

I thought of this myself for the blitz achievement. I know the dogs can be CC'ed out of the fight, but is it physically possible for 30-40 to take on drek and 4 warmasters assuming all other battlefield objectives are neglected.

...and be killed in time for the achievement under ideal raid conditions (AV queing mod allowing for premade so you get people who can listen and are competent etcetra).

Quote Originally Posted by Conreeaght View Post
    I thought of this myself for the blitz achievement. I know the dogs can be CC'ed out of the fight, but is it physically possible for 30-40 to take on drek and 4 warmasters assuming all other battlefield objectives are neglected.

...and be killed in time for the achievement under ideal raid conditions (AV queing mod allowing for premade so you get people who can listen and are competent etcetra).
    sure, it requires 2-3 tanks, competent/sufficient healing and raid marking for targets, which you likely won't find in a pug. The requirement here is to split damage among enough tanks to soak it up (preferably having a drek tank and two WM tanks), and the healing to back it up. With good gear and coordination, there is no reason why it shouldn't be possible.

I did this 3 times back to back couples weeks ago. i tanked Drek. i didn't see if anyone else was tanking the others. (i guess someone was) had a fews healer on my back and am running mostly ulduar 25 gear.

+ Reply to Thread